Sunday, May 31, 2015

May 31, 2015 Sunday #scapegoatgardenplanthope

Get Fit
Go for a walk!  If in this area, take an umbrella.


Get Faith
Leviticus 16:5-22 - Interesting reading from the old testament.  The Israelites had many rituals they had to perform for forgiveness and cleansing.  Aaron here is sacrificing a bull for himself and his family and a goat for the people and another goat to go off in the wilderness to carry the sins of others, called a scapegoat.  Who could it be?  God has done everything to reconcile his love for you and with you - worship Him in thanks.


On This Day
1992 - Like today it was raining.  I was teaching Sunday School and the kids were looking forward to planting flowers in the church gardens.  I had a lesson set up just in case, but try to hold attention when they were looking forward to being outside.  I have planting yet to do in the yard, how about you?
The one millionth Chevrolet Corvette was built on this day in 1992. Unfortunately, it was damaged when a sinkhole opened beneath the Corvette Museum.  God planting a new item in the garden?  I want one.


Parenting
I imagine myself in situations helping someone out of a jam.  I think of the ways and means and then the consequences of things not working out.  I am always reminded that what we want for someone else is not the issue - it is what they want.  A young man called me yesterday to help him out - but when he lights a cigarette I know he isn't ready for help.  So I will try to plant better thoughts for him.


Come Get These Memories - of the Sixties
          One summer day when the teenagers were in the cabin and my mom was up at the big house where my Aunt Alice lived, Grandma Roberts came down to check up on us. 
     “What is all the racket about down here?”  Grandma yelled in her best Scottish brogue
     “We are just listening to rock and roll and dancing Grandma, do you like Elvis?”  Asked my brother Adam.
     Stuck on You by Elvis Presley.   
Las Tunas Cuba
We are moving today to Mauritania Africa -  I know nothing of this country let's find out! 
Goodbye Cuba !
Enjoy the Day!  Make it Memorable  !



No comments:

Post a Comment