Sunday, October 11, 2015

October 11, 2015 Sunday #dieting#walkthewalk#pumpkins#Pennys#lovemydaughter#politics!

Get Fit
Going to a birthday party and will insist on a very small piece of cake and a tablespoon of ice cream.
Are you laughing at me?


Get Faith
Matthew chapter 11:1   "After Jesus had finished instructing his twelve disciples, he went on from there to teach and preach in the towns of Galilee."  His work was never done and He calls us to remember to reach out to one another continually as well.  Your kindness and caring is your gift to others.  Share it freely and remember who it comes from.


On this day
2009   I took Mom up to New Baltimore for breakfast after church and then went pumpkin shopping at the area farms.  Such a beautiful time of year for that occasion.  I have made up for all the bad times Mom and I had when I was a teenager.  Now we can sit and laugh at the good times we had.


1929 - JCPenney opened a store in Milford, DE, making it a nationwide company with stores in all 48 states. Makes me want to go shopping there, for historical reasons.


Parenting
My daughter finished reading my book and came out of her room crying.  The end is sad, as is a lot of things in life, but it wasn't the end.  She wrote a wonderful book report on facebook and shared her opinion of my story.  Then I cried.  She is singularly the best moment of my life, all of them.


Book Club - The Other Irish by Karen McCarthy
I'm not a fan of politics - I do get outspoken about my opinions and then regret that I shared them usually.  We all have opinions - you know the saying.  This book is telling me where all these crazy politicians sprang from, and although they have the same heritage they NEVER share the same opinion.  Have you ever been in a room with two Scots arguing politics?  Bad.


Jekabpils Latvia - more history
Due to Latvia's strategic location and prosperous city of Riga, its territories were a frequent focal point for conflict and conquest between at least four major powers: the State of the Teutonic Order (later Germany), the Polish–Lithuanian Commonwealth, Sweden and Russia. The longest period of external hegemony in the modern period began in 1710, when control over Riga switched from Sweden to Russia during the Great Northern War. Under Russian control, Latvia was in the vanguard of industrialisation and the abolition of serfdom, so that by the end of the 19th century, it had become one of the most developed parts of the Russian Empire. The increasing social problems and rising discontent that this brought meant that Riga also played a leading role in the 1905 Russian RevolutionIt is good to get a perspective of this with Russian history. 


Enjoy the day!  Make it Memorable!  Happy Birthday to Jan, Tom, Marilyn and Keith!

No comments:

Post a Comment