Friday, October 2, 2015

October 2, 2015 Friday #dancing#donotjudge#reunion#placetostay!

Get Fit
I fixed my VCR and am back with my dancing videos.  It is good for lifting my energy level.  What works for you?


Get Faith
Matthew 7:1  "Do not judge for you too will be judged."  None of us escape this, from judging people by their clothes or the way the look to commenting on someone's child raising choices.  It is hard to accept others, especially if it is way out of line with our thinking, but God is the final judge, well actually he has put Jesus in charge of that (same person) - "And He will come to judge the living and the dead".  So, do your best but know that the Lord has it.


On this day
1994 - Uncle Marty had lived with us 7 years and on this day he was moving out to his own home and my mom was moving in.  It worked out because Nicole was still only 9 years old and she would have someone to come home to - Grandma.


1919 - U.S. President Woodrow Wilson suffered a stroke that left him partially paralyzed. This is important because of the book report today.


Parenting
 I will be revisiting a lot of my childhood this weekend.  I have my grade school reunion tonight and my high school reunion (50) tomorrow night.  Families have changed a lot since I was a kid and I will guess that because of our age we will probably talk more about health issues than our children.  I have seen on the reunion pages photos of class mates families - children, grandchildren and great grandchildren.  I'm looking forward to it!


Book Club - The Other Irish by Karen McCarthy
I mentioned above because Woodrow Wilson was also a Scot-Irish of the Calvinist background.  He believed he was one of the elect.  Andrew Jackson was another of these descendants that became President - two entirely different men - but both leaders.  Good history in this book.


Jekabpils Latvia
Recommended for you in Jēkabpils
  • $34
    Average price per night
    Motel Sapnis, Jēkabpils

    Motel Sapnis

    Motel Sapnis, Rīga - Daugavpils šoseja, Jēkabpils nov., Jēkabpils, LV-5201, Latvia
    7.7 Good
    Score from 23 reviews
  • $45
    Average price per night
    Hotel Luiize, Jēkabpils

    Hotel Luiize

    Brīvības iela 190, Jēkabpils, LV-5201, Latvia
    7.1 Good
    Score from 50 reviews
  • $39
    Average price per night
    Citrus SPA Hotel, Jēkabpils

    Citrus SPA Hotel 2-star hotel

    Kurzemes iela 8, Jēkabpils, LV-5202, Latvia
    6.5 Review score
    Score from 44 reviews
  • $34
    Average price per night
    Daugavkrasti Hotel, Jēkabpils

    Daugavkrasti Hotel

    Mežrūpnieku iela 2, Jēkabpils, LV-5200, Latvia
    7.3 Good
    Score from 33 reviews   Here are some good choices don't you think?  The first one is my choice.


    Enjoy the day!  Make it Memorable!    Happy Birthday Brittany!

No comments:

Post a Comment