Tuesday, October 13, 2015

October 13, 2015 Tuesday #link#Jesusday#forDon#creepers#freedom

Get Fit
http://www.livestrong.com/blog/9-minute-workout-long-lean-dancers-legs  try this and see how you like it.


Get Faith
Matthew 12:8 - For the Son of Man is Lord of the Sabbath. This is how Jesus answered the Pharisees when they criticized his behavior of feeding his disciples on the sabbath.  I'm thinking the greater good here.  Yes, our first concern and love is for God, but to ignore the needs of the same people that he tells us to love would be going against His commandment to love thy neighbor. 


On this day
2013 - After Nicole and I went to Christ Lutheran out in Sterling Heights, I dropped her off at the golf course to play a round with Don.  It was a beautiful sunny 70 degreee day and when they got back I had chili and cupcakes waiting.  A day to remember.  As much as I hate summer being over I do like Autumn days.
1843 - B'nai B'rith, the Jewish organization, was founded by Henry Jones and eleven others in New York City, NY.Henry Jones doesn't sound jewish to me, but what do I know.


Parenting
I miss the days when the kids and I would decorate up the yard and porch for halloween.  We filled those big plastic bags that were shaped like pumpkins and a spider with leaves and stuffed old clothes to look like creepers sitting on the front porch.  What fun!  The families with young kids on my street still do it! 


Book Club
On hold till next week, no time to read this week.


Jekabpils Latvia - history
From the mid-1940s, the country was subject to Soviet economic control and saw considerable Russification of its peoples. However, Latvian culture and infrastructures survived and, during the period of Soviet liberalisation under Mikhail Gorbachev, Latvia once again took a path towards independence, eventually succeeding in August 1991 to be recognised by Russia the following month. Since then, under restored independence, Latvia has become a member of the United Nations, entered NATO and joined the European Union. A sucess story!


Enjoy the day!  Make it Memorable! 

No comments:

Post a Comment