Wednesday, October 21, 2015

October 21, 2015 Wednesday #Dance#dontjudge#busy#edustyle#goodwords#

Get Fit
Dancing is a great way to keep your weight down.  People used to ask me if I exercised and I would say no.  I used to go out to the clubs dancing maybe 3 or  4 times a week.  I loved to dance.  Find a dance class or exercise video, like Disco with Richard Simmons.  It's fun and you forget you are exercising!


Get Faith
Matthew 15:9  "They worship me in vain, their teachings are merely human rules."  When you go to church and look at another and find fault in their life, maybe you should pray harder for yourself to keep your mind on your faith.  Jesus loved everyone and welcomed them, we should too.


On this day
1979 - 36 years ago I wrote about doing a thorough house cleaning, washing down shelves etc.  What I did on that one day would take me a week now.  I always say "I didn't retire to clean house."  Now I have to make a date with myself to clean because I'm so socially busy.  Tsk  If you are one of those people that LOVE to clean - call me.


1879 - Thomas Edison invented the electric incandescent lamp. It would last 13 1/2 hours before it would burn out. Omigosh I would have to change the bulb everyday!!!!


Parenting
Depending on your age and where you went to school, education can be very different.  I was taught to sit at my desk and listen and judged on what I produced from listening.  There were others as I got older, like the Montesorri schools that taught on a more open style, freer type classes.  Nicole was more like mine but with  somewhat more freedom in class, I think.  I suppose it depends on the child which style works the best.  I would have been better off in a freer setting, I think.  I remember a lot of day dreaming during class.


Book Club  The Other Irish by Karen McCarthy
Reading now about Johnny Cash and June.  They were both of this descendancy.


English
Latvian
 Hi! Sveiki! Play Sound
 Good morning! Labrīt! Play Sound
 Good day! Labdien! Play Sound
 Good Evening! Labvakar! Play Sound
 Hello! How are you? Labdien! Kā jums klājas? Play Sound
 Fine, thanks. And you? Paldies, labi. Un jums? Play Sound
 Glad to see you again.  Priecājos jūs atkal redzēt




Enjoy the Day Make it memorale!  Happy Birthday Millie and Linda! 


No comments:

Post a Comment