Friday, October 9, 2015

October 9, 2015 Friday #Kickin!#disciples#homeparty#bus trip#Vikings

Get Fit
I have been doing Kickin with Country -Denise Austin for at least 20 years.  I can practically do it before I wake up now.  She is the "if you rest you rust girl".


Get Faith
Matthew 10:5  "These twelve Jesus sent out with the following instructions: "Do not go among the Gentiles or enter any town of Samarians."  This deserves looking into.  Matthew was mostly concerned with preaching the Gospel to the Jews.  You might want to read this same passage that would be in Mark and Luke and see what they say.


On this day
2007 my friend Norma had a purse party at her house.  I'm guessing she was giving someone a hand in getting their business started.  At our age, well me, we have 3 too many of everything and I like the stuff I have for the most part.  I remember when I was first married having a party once a month or going to someone else's that booked one from you.  It was ok then, we needed stuff.  The purses at Norma's were really nice - I think I started Christmas shopping.


1967 - Che Guevarra was executed.  Good or bad depending on your politics.


Parenting
I stopped to see Mom on my way home from visiting old friends.  She was so excited to tell me about her trip to the apple orchard the day before.  It was a total role reversal.  I couldn't help but smile.


Book Club  The Other Irish by Karen McCarthy 
not getting any reading time in.


Jekabpils Latvia
The History of Latvia began around 9000 BC with the end of the last glacial period in northern Europe. Ancient Baltic peoples appeared during the second millennium BC, and four distinct tribal realms in Latvia's territories were identifiable towards the end of the first millennium AD. Latvia's principal river, the Daugava River, was at the head of an important mainland route from the Baltic region through Russia into southern Europe and the Middle East that was used by the Vikings and later Nordic and German traders.  This must be why I thought the Latvian people I have met were Scandinavian of sort.


Enjoy the day!  Make it Memorable  Happy Birthday Cheryl and cousin Don!

No comments:

Post a Comment