Monday, October 5, 2015

October 5, 2015 Monday #stretch#faith#girlssports#goscots#sightseeing!

Get Fit
Starting the week easy after my "reunion" weekend, which was a lot of exercise.  I like to try and do something that keeps me minding my health.  How do you start your week?


Get Faith
Matthew 8:5-13  Jesus talks to a centurion that has a servant that is dying away at his home.  Jesus is amazed at his faith and cures his servant from the distance.   We don't have to touch Jesus to receive his healing.  We don't have to be in church to receive his healing.  He is with you also, everywhere.  Have faith.


On this day
1999 - Nicole was in middle school and on the basketball team.  She had played organized softball on a league but this was her first basketball game for school.  Uncle Marty came to watch, he had been her at home coach for many years, for all sports.  She won her first game on this day and Marty was so proud of her.  Well, I was too.


1999 - Kevin Spacey received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. I'm sure his mom was proud of him too.


Parenting
I was very supportive of Nicole playing sports.  They did a video at my 50th high school reunion last Saturday night.  The guys were asked if and what sport they played - he asked me if I sang in the choir.  They didn't have a lot of choices for girls then - it was better for my daughter who played sports all through school.  That's what I said on the video.  I didn't sing in the choir.


Book Club - The Other Irish by Karen McCarthy
So - most of our presidents have been from this heritage - check it out.


Jekabpils Latvia

Jēkabpils District[edit]

One of the Struve Geodetic Arc original station points is located in Strūves park. In Tadenava, not far from Jēkabpils itself, there is a memorial museum to the great Latvian poet Rainis. There are also the Justine and Dignaja castle sites. The highest point of Selonia – Ormaņkalns — is in Klauce area. Between Nereta and Aknīste there is a memorial museum "Riekstiņi" of famous Latvian writer Jānis Jaunsudrabiņš.
These are a great start to our sightseeing and learning here!


Enjoy the day!  Make it memorable!  Happy Birthday to Sherri !! 

No comments:

Post a Comment