Thursday, March 10, 2016

March 10, 2016 Thursday #walk#Pray#learn#teach#espionage!

Get Fit
Walked the gym at church with my friend Judy.  Two good things at the same time.  Walking is better when you have good company - you can actually walk too far or too long that way.

Get Faith
Colossians 4:2  "Devote yourselves to prayer, keeping alert in it with thanksgiving."  I personally see or feel prayer as a fine line attaching me to a God that is all and all, love and understanding, someone who truly knows me and loves me anyway and forever.  Thanks be to God.  Pray.

On this day
2015 - Last year on this day I had so much going on as usual.  Mom was in Heartland for rehab and I was checking into what agencies were there to help her.  I was also planning our trip to Scotland and Nicole and I went to El Charro with the cousins for dinner.  It was a busy day, but most of my days are.

0241 BC - The Roman fleet sank 50 Carthaginian ships in the Battle of Aegusa. Note the date here!  Who kept this history all these years?  The church?  The governments?  I need to be better informed. Somebody else has been journaling.

Parenting
As I mentioned yesterday I believe in most cases children learn their work ethics from their parents.  I also believe they somewhat follow your lifestyle.  If you are busy socially, or work long hours, or go to church, or play golf/bowl etc. they will likely be that same type of person.  Are you a couch potato?  Don't expect what you don't give, I think.

Sea of Okhotsk 
During the Cold War, the Sea of Okhotsk was the scene of several successful U.S. Navy operations (including Operation Ivy Bells) to tap Soviet Navyundersea communications cables. These operations were documented in the book Blind Man's Bluff: The Untold Story of American Submarine Espionage. The sea (and surrounding area) were also the scene of the Soviet PVO Strany attack on Korean Air Flight 007 in 1983. The Soviet Pacific Fleet used the Sea as a ballistic missile submarine bastion,[4] a strategy that Russia continues.
In the Japanese language, the sea has no traditional Japanese name despite its close location to the Japanese territories and is called Ohōtsuku-kai(オホーツク海), which is a transcription of the Russian name. Additionally, Okhotsk Subprefecture, Hokkaidō which faces the sea, also known as Okhotsk region (オホーツク地方 Ohōtsuku-chihō?), is named after the sea. This is some interesting history.

Enjoy the day!  Make it memorable!  

No comments:

Post a Comment