Tuesday, November 14, 2017

November 14, 2017 Tuesday #lazy#myFather'sworld#rewards#Polarbears!

Get Fit
Did some weight lifting this morning.  I'm beginning to realize I need a trainer to push me, I stop way before I get over tired or sweaty.  I am pretty sure you are supposed to get to that point.  Right?

Get Faith
Psalm 104:24 Inspired this poem by Maltbie Babcock:
This my Father's world, and to my listening ears
All nature sings, and round me rings the music of the spheres.
This is my Father's world: I rest me in the thought
Of rocks and trees, of skies and seas: His hand the wonders wrought.
This is my Father"s world, the bird their carols raise,
The morning light, the lily white declare their Maker's praise.
This is my Father's world: He shines in all that's fair:
In the rustling grass I hear Him pass: He speaks to me everywhere.

On this day
1983  I was being wooed by my second husband that I had recently met.  He sent me roses very often at work - he was determined.  Considering my roommates - my brother and Alice and one of the guys I worked with, Rocco, we had an interesting life.  Rocco and I drove to work most days together and this day he drove me to racquetball in the evening.  Most guys would have been deterred by my busy lifestyle, but not Mark.  Sure glad he hung in there because I got Nicole out of the deal.

1983 - The British government announced that U.S.-made cruise missiles had arrived at the Greenham Common air base amid protests. 
  Britain's Defense Secretary, Michael Heseltine, told a deeply divided House of Commons that the shipment, delivered to Greenham Common air base by a United States plane, meant that an unspecified number of cruise missiles would be operational on schedule by the end of the year.  And we blame the current politics?

Hudson Bay Canada
Polar Bear Provincial Park is an isolated wilderness park in the far north of OntarioCanada. It lies on the western shore where James Bay joins Hudson Bay. The terrain is part of the Hudson Bay Lowlands and features unspoiled low-lying tundra[1] in the Hudson Plains ecozone.
Administered by Ontario Parks, the 23,552 square kilometres (9,093 sq mi) Polar Bear Provincial Park is the largest park in Ontario. It has no visitor facilities, is reachable only by air, and special permission is required before visiting it. Its primary purpose is the preservation of habitat for wildlife, especially the several hundred polar bears that migrate through the area.
Visitors to Polar Bear should be prepared for any eventuality. They should bring at least one week's extra supplies in case their departure is delayed due to bad weather. Tents should not rise any higher than necessary, due to the possibility of strong winds. Polar Bear Provincial Park has been designated as a Wetland of International Importance under the Ramsar Convention since May 1987.  Sounds like a great place for polar bears or the strong of heart!

Enjoy the day!  Make it memorable!  Happy Birthday Diana D and William S!

No comments:

Post a Comment