Monday, December 11, 2017

December 11, 2015 Monday#Christmasshopping#LOVE#Lovedones#LlewelynapGruffydd#brrrrrrr

Get Fit
Walking tour of Downtown Detroit today with 3 friends.  Cold and snowy - and walking!  good exercise.  Wish me luck.

Get Faith
1 Corinthians 13:7  "(Love) always perseveres."  God's love is what I think they are talking about, it is the only one that perseveres.  On the other hand, two years ago today my Mom passed away and I cried this morning remembering.  That love does not go away either.  the study writer recounted a story about a couple who had married because she was pregnant.  After years went by they realized they were not in love, but the girl went to her pastor and asked advice.  The pastor told her to act toward him like she loved him and eventually he believed it and she came to really love him also.  Good advice.  Love can persevere.

On this day
1979  Sometimes you need to love those people quickly.  On this day, I called my mom.  It sounds like a little thing, but I can't anymore.  Then Pete stopped by and dropped off filters for my furnace he has gone now so I can't call and say "hey, remember you brought those filters for my furnace in 1979?   Thanks again."  He is gone.  I brought my brother Mark home to spend the evening with me and have dinner, he is gone also.  My cousin Darrel came over and patched a spot on my roof, we have not spoken in years.  I also called Pete's grandmother Xana - who has also passed.  One day, life is short don't put off contacting people you care about.

1282 - Llywelyn (Llewelyn ap Gruffydd) was killed in Cilmeri, central Wales. For my friend Don!  Some old Wales history you might want to look into!

Ilulissat Greenland
Ilulissat
Book a Hotel
In
Out
Ilulissat Banner.jpg

Ilulissat is a city in Western Greenland.
Located in the Disco Bay just by the Icefjord, from which it has gotten its name, Ilulissat has one of the most beautiful settings for a great greenlandic experience.
Ilulissat is situated at the mouth of the Ilulissat Ice Fjord, which was included as a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 2004. The town is located next to the sea filled with icebergs from the most active glacier in the world, Sermeq Kujalleq. Excavations of the valley where Ilulissat show that people have inhabited the area for thousands of years, and it was once the largest town in Greenland. The town is also know for having almost the same number of sled dogs as people, currently the town is home to 4600 people and nearly 3500 sled dogs. And this is summer/
Pretty but looks like a tough place to live!

Enjoy the day!  Make it memorable!  Happy Birthday Renata

No comments:

Post a Comment