Saturday, December 2, 2017

December 2, 2017 Saturday #runninghelp#forgiven!#change#empoor#!ZionsKirke!

Get Fit
Running - out the door to go help with a Santa's store and wrapping.  Maybe some yoga later!  I do love my Saturday yoga.

Get Faith
Luke 6:37  "Forgiven and you will be forgiven."  We all worry about God forgiving our sin when, in fact, He already has in the suffering, death and resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ.  Forgiveness is not for God's benefit - it is for your benefit.  He wants you to be sorry for the things you have done wrong so that you think about not doing them again.  The things that we do wrong generally hurt us more than it hurts others.  Forgiving someone for something they have wronged you on, gets a heavy burden off your mind.  I'm working on my neighbor and that poor dog behind me, I have to forgive him.  It is not easy.

On this day
2014  This was three years ago but it seems like ages.  I had made turkey soup and delivered some to my neighbors Deb and Al across the street.  Al has moved out to New Baltimore and Deb is moving to her brothers this week.  They have both lived here since I moved in 40 years ago.  I ran some errands, had a doctor appointment and then met Pam and Norma at Olive Garden for dinner, which we still do.  Oh, I also baked cookies.  Gee, where did that energy go? Hope you find the energy you need on this Saturday to get all you want done and get that sweet sense of satisfaction that comes with accomplishment.  Go!

1804 - Napoleon was crowned emperor of France at the Cathedral of Notre Dame in Paris. Now that is notable!  Remember this for Jeopardy!!

Ilulissat Greenland

History[edit]

The town was established as a trading post by Jacob Severin's company in 1741 and was named in his honor.[9][10]
The Zion Church (Zions Kirke) was built in the late 18th century, and was the largest man-made structure in Greenland at the time.[10]The final resident of nearby Sermermiut moved to Ilulissat in 1850.[11]  This is not an unusual name for a church I found.  .
File:Esbjerg, Zions kirke fra øst.jpg - Wikimedia Commons  probably not in Greenland, but maybe.

Enjoy the day!  Make it memorable!  

No comments:

Post a Comment