Friday, December 8, 2017

December 8, 2017 Friday #MovetoMyFathershouseEskimology

Get Fit
It will be a busy day, lots on the agenda.  The best way for me to get some additional pep and energy is to move, first thing.  What about you?  Are you sitting around waiting for some energy to hit?  That isn't going to do it.  You have to move, even marching in place gets the blood and oxygen moving!

Get Faith
John 14:2-3  "In My Father's house are many mansions....I go to prepare a place for you.... I will come again and receive you to Myself;  that where I am, there you may be also."  Think about that - Jesus said! "In My Father's house are many mansions"  What does that mean to you?  If He said it - I believe it!  Are there houses for each of us? Americans, Canadians, Mexicans?  Or is it divided by what language you speak?  Wait, will we all speak the same language?  Has He made provisions for those of different faiths?  "I go to prepare a place for you"  I know that because He loves us so much we will be happy there, much more than here.

On this day
1976 - Mom called me and said my brother Mark was in the hospital, Beaumont in Royal Oak.  They only kept him long enough to get his blood sugar where it needed to be and then they unhooked him and sent him out.  He was a diabetic with no insurance.  So, I know the ramifications of someone not being insured and the level of care they get.  I went to the hospital and took him to lunch when he war released.  He was basically homeless, the psychiatrist assured us he would take care of himself if we cut him loose.  That never happened.  I was working two jobs - my job at Quality and at the Scotch for tips in the coat room check.  He made it through this time but it never got better. He is in My Father's house now.

1776 - George Washington's retreating army in the American Revolution crossed the Delaware River from New Jersey to Pennsylvania  200 years earlier this happened.  Have you seen the oil painting of George standing in the boat?  It is pretty famous!

Ilulissat Greenland 

Notable people[edit]

Made a name for himself!

Enjoy the day!   Make it memorable!  Happy Birthday Melissa, Ty and Molly!!

No comments:

Post a Comment