Monday, April 9, 2018

April 9, 2018 Monday #TURNITDOWN!Iamblessed#Youfeedthem#Yugoslavia

Get Fit
Started my week with dancing to Soul Man with Richard and the gang.  I was considering doing it a few times in a row this week but was squashed by my daughter getting up and asking if I had the speaker on the laptop aimed at her door.  Too bad we can't exercise our hearing to keep it strong.

Get Faith
Psalm 40:5  "Many, O Lord my God, are the wonders you have done.  The things you planned for us no one can recount to you."  Do you have an idea of what God has planned for you?  Maybe a new job or a new friend?  Are you aware of things He has organized for you in the past?  We like to think that we are totally in control of our lives and what happens to us - or, we hold others responsible for our problems, and quite often blame God.  I believe in free will, that God lets us live our lives and make our own decisions on our lives, but I also believe He get involved  - to help or to derail you from the wrong path.  Start thinking about the wonders He has done first.

On this day
2007  Was a Monday and after work I picked up the chili Mom made at home and took a group of youth with others down to Christ Iroquois to feed the homeless.  We had done this for years and the kids loved it.  Many I know have continued in this servicing in their adult lives.  The adults would end up in the kitchen preparing the food while the youth would play cards or games and talk with the people we were serving.  God blesses our service, I saw it in their faces.

2007 - The iTunes Music Store reached 2.5 billion songs sold. Can you imagine now?

Montenegro


Kingdom of Yugoslavia[edit]

In 1922, Montenegro formally became the Oblast of Cetinje in the Kingdom of Serbs, Croats and Slovenes, with the addition of the coastal areas around Budva and Bay of Kotor. In a further restructuring in 1929, it became a part of a larger Zeta Banate of the Kingdom of Yugoslavia that reached the Neretva River.
Nicholas's grandson, the Serb King Alexander I, dominated the Yugoslav government. Zeta Banovina was one of nine banovinas which formed the kingdom; it consisted of the present-day Montenegro and parts of Serbia, Croatia, and Bosnia.  I had a friend Ljubo that was very upset by these politics - he was Yougoslavian.  I see why.

Enjoy the day!  Make it memorable! Happy Birthday Lindsey! Julie, Jim,Megan&Amy!

No comments:

Post a Comment