Wednesday, September 12, 2018

September 12, 2018 Wednesday #The cross#lift weights!#The Lodge#The Hudson#Independence

Get Faith
Colossians 3:12  "Therefore... clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience."  This is the armor of God, this is our battle cry and our plan for the day, this is  what a Christian looks like.  I wear a cross everyday so that someone might ask me about my faith and I wear it to remind myself that I am a Christian and my behavior reflects that cross.  It is not always easy to be a Christian and God knows that and forgives us when we fall down.  So we get back up.

Get Fit
I went to church for a meeting last night and on my way in a friend was trying to unload a pair of metal plant stands.  She said we would get a couple guys to carry them off the truck.  My friend Judy jumped into the truck to help untie them and moved them back toward me, I handed my water to someone standing there and I checked the weight of the stand and then easily lifted it and moved it to the church.  I went back and got the second one.  They really weren't that heavy and so I was surprised at the big deal they made of me lifting and carrying them alone.  Lift those weights people!

On this day
1987  Our house was a beehive of activity and this was a Saturday.  by noon both Grandmas had stopped by and left.  I cleaned house, took a shower, took Nicole outside (2) worked in the yard and took her for a walk around the block.  She usually walked around herself - I might have still been pushing the stroller for backup but she would rather push it then sit in it.    Ty and Norma came over for dinner, the neighbors, Dave and Rose came over with their two boys and Marty stopped by.  A typical day at the Lodge.  And people wonder why I'm so social, and Nicole too - it is our lifestyle.

1609 - English explorer Henry Hudson sailed down what is now known as the Hudson River. I can't say I know where that is.

Papa New Guinea
Australian forces attack Japanese positions during the Battle of Buna–Gona, 7 January 1943.
During World War II, the New Guinea campaign (1942–1945) was one of the major military campaigns and conflicts between Japan and the Allies. Approximately 216,000 Japanese, Australian, and US servicemen died.[29] After World War II and the victory of the Allies, the two territories were combined into the Territory of Papua and New Guinea. This was later referred to as "Papua New Guinea".
The natives of Papua appealed to the United Nations for oversight and independence. The nation established independence from Australia on 16 September 1975, becoming a Commonwealth realm, continuing to share Queen Elizabeth II as its head of state. It maintains close ties with Australia, which continues to be its largest aid donor. Papua New Guinea was admitted to membership in the United Nations on 10 October 1975.[30]

Enjoy the day!  Make it memorable!  Happy birthday Joan!

No comments:

Post a Comment