Tuesday, September 18, 2018

September 17, 2018 Monday#Be nice!#Fool yourself#Autumn leaves#current events.

Get Faith  
Galatians 6:9  "Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up."  Very often we can get discouraged with always being the nice guy.  Hang in there because if you back slide it takes a while to regain ground with those who have been counting on you to be Goody Two Shoes.  We are human though, after all, and we all backslide.  At the end of the day when you put your head down on your pillow it is easier to fall asleep knowing you haven't caused trouble or anguish for someone else, but instead, have helped them fall asleep in peace as well.

Get Fit
Been a way for a few days and although I did some workouts while I was up north it is good to get back to my normal schedule.  I fired up with good old Richard and "Soul Man" this morning.  I kid myself into thinking I'm back in the day!  Fool yourself into feeling better.

On this day
1988  The kids were outside playing and I went out to rake leaves.  I used to have 5 Ash trees in my yard and that made for plenty of leaves.  My neighbor has a couple big trees yet, but looking out of my window on my yard I don't see one leave on my lawn.  So, it is still 80 degrees this past week, I assume global warming has something to do with our later summers.  It is ok with me, but I do love fall.   Nicole was three and Aaron would have been 10, they loved to rake and jump in the leaves along with Toto.

1988 - Lt. Gen. Prosper Avril declared himself president of Haiti after President Henri Hamphy was ousted. 

Papa New Guinea
A secessionist revolt in 1975–76 on Bougainville Island resulted in an eleventh-hour modification of the draft Constitution of Papua New Guinea to allow for Bougainville and the other eighteen districts to have quasi-federal status as provinces. A renewed uprising on Bougainville started in 1988 and claimed 20,000 lives until it was resolved in 1997. Bougainville had been the chief mining region of the country, generating 40% of the national budget. The native peoples felt they were bearing the adverse environmental effects of the mining, which poisoned the land, water and air, without gaining a fair share of the profits.[31]
The government and rebels negotiated a peace agreement that established the Bougainville Autonomous District and Province. The autonomous Bougainville elected Joseph Kabui as president in 2005, who served until his death in 2008. He was succeeded by his deputy John Tabinaman as acting president while an election to fill the unexpired term was organised. James Tanis won that election in December 2008 and served until the inauguration of John Momis, the winner of the 2010 elections. As part of the current peace settlement, a referendum on independence is planned to be held in Bougainville sometime before mid-2020. Preparations were underway in 2015.[32][33]

Enjoy the day!  Make it memorable!  

No comments:

Post a Comment