Friday, December 23, 2016

December 23, 2016 Friday#stayfit#PraisetheLord#bowling#DC#fieldhockey!

Get Fit
Don't give up!  Keep exercising through the holidays!  I know everyone decides to start a new work out program as a New Year resolution, but how about a warm up?

Get Faith
Psalm 103 - This is my favorite psalm and want it read at my funeral.  It speaks to me and tells of my life with God.  vs 2 "Praise the Lord, my soul, and forget not all his benefits."  He has healed me many times and restored my youth over and over to keep me in the faith.  I hope to continue doing for Him as He has done for me.  Praise the Lord, oh my soul.

On this day
2014  Two years ago I still had Mom at home.  Nicole and I went to the Fulex Christmas party at the bowling alley on Jefferson.  We ate and drank and then, most of them bowled.  Fun night.  Every year offers something different - enjoy what ever you do!  Party responsibly.

1788 - Maryland voted to cede a 100-square-mile area for the seat of the national government. About two-thirds of the area became the District of Columbia. I wonder if this includes a financial stipend for them or if they in fact regret this.

Zimbabwe sports
Sport in Zimbabwe has a long tradition and has produced many world recognized sports names and personalities. Football is the most popular sport, although rugby unioncricket and netball also have a following, traditionally among the white minority. Field hockey is also played widely. Although Zimbabwe played hockey field competed for Zimbabwe, there are also a large number of athletes who learned their sport in Zimbabwe, but have chosen to represent other countries.  Because they would stand a better chance of going professional?  I wonder - money over national pride.

Enjoy the day!  Make it memorable!  Happy Birthday Scott V.

No comments:

Post a Comment