Thursday, June 21, 2018

June 21, 2018 Thursday# Summer!#Obedience#Calm#fullcircle#gardens!

Get Faith
Leviticus 26 1-13  Reward for Obedience - vs 6 "I will grant peace in the land, and you will lie down and no one will make you afraid."  When I read this I thought, what do we all pray for? Peace Why can't we have it?  Our world is not in the shape it is in because God is punishing us - we punish ourselves by not living by the standards God has set for us.  In Jesus we know we are to "love one another, as I have loved you."  God has warned us of what happens when we do our own thing.  Don't blame God for the path we have gone down.  But, He still loves and forgives in Jesus name so do not be afraid.

Get Fit
My peace and quiet yoga was disturbed by the familiar sound of a lawn mower.  She has to cut the lawn early, she works all day and evening.  I did get through 99% of it though.  There is a calming effect in yoga - not a much as faith in the Lord, but, good.

On this day
2015  It was Fathers Day and the yearly BBQ at church.  I have a solid group of friends that I enjoy their company.  After going home and  changing my clothes I went to the cemetery to clean up the family plots.  I only started this maybe 10 years ago.  Mom and I would go over and rake and clean.  It is the cemetery that belongs to the church that my mom attended grade school at and was confirmed from.  Her parents are buried there and my father and brother, David.  It doesn't get a lot of landscaping upgrades so I like to help.  After I left there I went to Beechwood where I moved my mom to this year.  She enjoyed the place after some adjustment and really loved the courtyard that she could look out and see the birds at the feeders and beautiful flowers.   Later this year she joined her family at ST Peter's cemetery - full circle.

1834 - Cyrus McCormick patented the first practical mechanical reaper for farming. His invention allowed farmers to more than double their crop size. This must have been huge at the time!!!

Thessaloniki Greece

A fountain at the city's centre

View of the garden park at Nea Paralia

A statue of Pavlos Melas near the White tower; work by Natalia Mela

Part of the coastline of the southeastern suburb of Peraia in Thermaikos, with views towards Thessaloniki.
Although Thessaloniki is not renowned for its parks and greenery throughout its urban area, where green spaces are few, it has several large open spaces around its waterfront, namely the central city gardens of Palios Zoologikos Kipos (which is recently being redeveloped to also include rock climbing facilities, a new skatepark and paintball range),[203] the park of Pedio tou Areos, which also holds the city's annual floral expo; and the parks of the Nea Paralia (waterfront) that span for 3 km (2 mi) along the coast, from the White Tower to the concert hall.
The Nea Paralia parks are used throughout the year for a variety of events, while they open up to the Thessaloniki waterfront, which is lined up with several cafés and bars; and during summer is full of Thessalonians enjoying their long evening walks (referred to as "the volta" and is embedded into the culture of the city). Having undergone an extensive revitalization, the city's waterfront today features a total of 12 thematic gardens/parks.[204]

This looks like a perfect way to spend the day!!


Enjoy the day!  Make it memorable!  

No comments:

Post a Comment