Friday, October 19, 2018

October 18, 2018 Thursday #Share#very little#Temptations#Winterofthedeepsnow

Get Faith
Matthew 25:40  "I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers (or sisters) of mine, you did for me."  Feed the hungry, house the homeless, share your clothes donate what you can and give time where you can.  Jesus died for our sins so that we can have eternal life, how much can you give back?  You don't have to, you only need to remember what he has done for you.  Repent and be saved.

Get Fit
I did a little walking in the gym at church.  Very little - but I'm helping with kids club later so I might get a workout yet.

On this day
1982  It was a Monday but Pat and Pam, Rich and I think Ty and Norma and I went to the Premier Center and saw the Temptations.  Now, I must have been pretty happy about this, they were my favorite group.  We went to Sixpence afterward.  I don't even remember what that was.

1685 - King Louis XIV of France revoked the Edict of Nantes, which had established the legal toleration of the Protestant population. Nice of him.

Xenia Illinois
The winter of 1830–1831 is called the "Winter of the Deep Snow"; a sudden, deep snowfall blanketed the state, making travel impossible for the rest of the winter, and many travelers perished. Several severe winters followed, including the "Winter of the Sudden Freeze". On December 20, 1836, a fast-moving cold front passed through, freezing puddles in minutes and killing many travelers who could not reach shelter. The adverse weather resulted in crop failures in the northern part of the state. The southern part of the state shipped food north, and this may have contributed to its name: "Little Egypt", after the Biblical story of Joseph in Egypt supplying grain to his brothers.[38]   And we think our weather now is strange.

Enjoy the day!  Make it memorable!  

No comments:

Post a Comment