Wednesday, October 24, 2018

October 24, 2018 Wednesday #God knows#Move#Home party#Where is Poland?#Nuclear power!

Get Faith
Psalm 16:1  "Keep me safe, O God, for in you I take refuge."  If He really loved me He would have let me win that lottery.  LOL  No, He does love me and keeps me poor for that reason.  He probably knows that I would go back to my party days.  I have tried to convince him that I wouldn't, but He knows better than I do.  He does keep me safe, in my world with his arms around me - secure in the life He has kept me in.  Remember - stairway to heaven, highway to hell.

Get Fit
After scrubbing the bathroom floor yesterday I knew it would be a challenge to work out with Jillian but I took it on.  I did better than I thought I would.  So, surprise yourself when you feel like you can't work out because you are tired or not feeling great.  Unless you are running a fever - move!   it might heal you faster than a day in bed would.  If you keep working out that second day pain never sets in.

On this day
1988  We had just brought our new puppy - Toto home and I was spending most of the day training him.  It paid off, he never had accidents in the house till way later when he got old.  He was a great dog despite his health ailments.  Then I had an appointment at Dr Bender, our chiropractor - Nicole go adjustments too, but the car seat was in Mark's car and he had to come home so we could put it in my car.  (How many of you have suffered the same problem?)  Later that day my neighbor Rose had a Home Interior Party.  And - coincidentally Nicole is having a Partylite party here tonight.  You are welcome to come.   Some things don't change, right?

1795 - The country of Poland was divided up between Austria, Prussia, and Russia. This is meaningful to me because my mothers family history is confused because the are listed as Polish on some papers and German on others.  Poland has had many names.

Xenia Illinois
Illinois had a prominent role in the emergence of the nuclear age. In 1942, as part of the Manhattan Project, the University of Chicago conducted the first sustained nuclear chain reaction. In 1957, Argonne National Laboratory, near Chicago, activated the first experimental nuclear power generating system in the United States. By 1960, the first privately financed nuclear plant in the United States, Dresden 1, was dedicated near Morris. In 1967, Fermilab, a national nuclear research facility near Batavia, opened a particle accelerator, which was the world's largest for over 40 years. With eleven plants currently operating, Illinois leads all states in the amount of electricity generated from nuclear power.[44][45]
Did you know this?  I didn't.

Enjoy the day!  Make it memorable!  Happy Birthday to Sandra and Sue R!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment