Friday, October 26, 2018

October 26, 2018 Friday#Power of prayer#Soul man#Busy days#Terrorist warning#The American Bottom

Get Faith
James 5:16  "The earnest prayer of a righteous man has great power and wonderful results."  Prayer is powerful.  I do think that the prayer of my friend John is heard and is powerful to the Lord.  I always am grateful when he tells me "I am praying for your brother", it's like a miracle medicine to me.  God hears all prayers and he answers - yes, no and maybe, and very often wait.  You can take you troubles to the Lord also, he is waiting to hear from you.

Get fit
Richard starts this Oldies exercise with "Soul Man".  And then I sing it the rest of the day.  Dancing is a great way to workout - especially cardio. When you are dancing you forget you are exercising and it also lifts your spirits.  Try it!  You can pull it up on U tube!

On this day
1990   I went to work and washed the walls in the Sunday school room while Nicole was in Pre-School, which was in our church.  Mom was at church also, helping to set up for the rummage sale.  I love church rummage sales, but people are giving them up.  It is too much work for the younger women.  And I have to ask, why?   Afterward Mom, Nicole and I went to McDonald's for lunch - and then went to pick up Aaron when he got out of school.  He was with us a lot of weekends. After dinner Nicole, Aaron and I went to the school for the Halloween party the PTA put on.  I worked 1/2 hour in the game room.  Fun days!!!

1990 - The U.S. State Department issued a warning that terrorists could be planning an attack on a passenger ship or aircraft. WAIT!  WHAT?

Xenia Illinois

Topography[edit]

Charles Mound, the highest natural point in Illinois at 1,235 feet, is located in the northwestern part of the state.
Though Illinois lies entirely in the Interior Plains, it does have some minor variation in its elevation. In extreme northwestern Illinois, the Driftless Area, a region of unglaciated and therefore higher and more rugged topography, occupies a small part of the state.
Charles Mound, located in this region, has the state's highest elevation above sea level at 1,235 feet (376 m). Other highlands include the Shawnee Hillsin the south, and there is varying topography along its rivers; the Illinois River bisects the state northeast to southwest. The floodplain on the Mississippi River from Alton to the Kaskaskia River is known as the American Bottom.
Did you know this?

Enjoy the day!  Make it memorable  Happy Birthday Michele A and Nicky!!



No comments:

Post a Comment