Monday, April 6, 2015

April 6, 2015 Monday

Get Fit!
Did a simple stretch  with Karen to get back into the routine.  Really going to try for that walk today!




Psalm 18:1-3 and 46  "The Lord lives! Praise be to my Rock!  Exalted be God my Savior!" Sounds like a great Easter message right out of the old testament - Psalms.  I pray that your faith has been lifted by Easter and that you continue to build on that strength. He is risen indeed Alleluia!



On this day:
2009 - Yep April in Michigan, it snowed and I had to go to the airport at 1AM to pick up Nicole and Craig coming back from Florida.  It is opening day today and supposed to be 61.  Sometime it is ok to be in Michigan.


1789 - The first U.S. Congress began regular sessions at the Federal Hall in New York City. Lets see what pay they received for their jobs....
  • During the Constitutional Convention, Benjamin Franklin considered proposing that elected government officials not be paid for their service. Other Founding Fathers, however, decided otherwise.
  • From 1789 to 1855, members of Congress received only a per diem (daily payment) of $6.00 while in session, except for a period from December 1815 to March 1817, when they received $1,500 a year. Members began receiving an annual salary in 1855, when they were paid $3,000 per year. Only a fool allows people to give themselves raises. I like that Benjamin Franklin.
  • Parenting/Family
    Family is far different today than it was when I was growing up.  But it started with my generation - moving to other states too distant to stay in touch.  Now we have social media.  I love it, I can see how life is for cousins that I forgot existed.  There is always a bright side to everything.  Nicole and I were able to share church with my nieces and nephew and I took Mom so she had all of her grandchildren with her.  Wish I had remembered to take a picture.


    Come Get These Memories - of the Sixties (excerpt)


    Saturday afternoon television was great.  Of course American Bandstand was a must.  You could watch your favorite performers and identify with your favorite dance couple.  I think a lot of us learned some of our dance moves from that Philadelphia group of teenagers. I learned the Stroll, the Calypso and the Twist watching the TV. We all wished we could be on that show.  The girls all wore skirts and heels and the guys had on sport coats and ties, Emily Post was still hanging on in this year.  They had the rating board on the records every week that were the Top Ten.  That’s how we knew which records to get at the record store.  The stars were all on Bandstand.  The Everly Brothers, The Drifters, Chubby Checker and all the stars that were anybody were on Bandstand
       Let the Little Girl Dance by Billy Bland.
    Kalkaska Michigan
    Granada Inn Motel - Kalkaska 1
    Featuring free Wi-Fi and 24-hour reception, this motel is located in Kalkaska, Michigan, 2 kilometers from Kaliseum Recreation Complex. More
    Review score 5.9 Score from 71 reviews
    Latest Booking: March 27


    No comments:

    Post a Comment