Monday, September 14, 2015

September 14, 2015 Monday #Internationaldayofpeace#thank you God

Get Fit
I didn't get my day of rest yesterday.  I did a 5k (which is only 3 miles ) in Dowtown Detroit out of Atwater Brewery.  I don't run, I walked but I made it.  It was a beautiful day on the riverfront.
'I run for clean water.... And beer! #GrowlerGallop 󾦇' Here we are  before the race!


Get Faith Psalm 127
"Behold children are a gift from the Lord"  What would you say in a thank you note to God for the gift of a child, not the day they are born, but the day they turn 18.


On this day
1995  My friend Pete's mom died.  I was very close to Tatjiana, they had very little family and as it happens they are all gone now, even Pete.  I feel it necessary to remember them on these days, I might be the only one that remembers their family.


1995 - Earth, Wind and Fire received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.

1995 - Hand written lyrics for "Getting Better" by Paul McCartney sold for $249,000 at a Sotheby's auction.
Well, its Monday, what did you expect?  No big news yet today.


Parenting
Dear God,  thank you for my beautiful daughter.  I couldn't have asked for a better genetic composition than the one you sent me.  She is everything I ever needed in my life and I will thank you everyday for eternity for her.  Sincerely, me.


Book Club  - The Other Irish by Karen McCarthy
These descendants apparently settled the Bible Belt and most of the protestant faith in the south and outreaches west.  Quite a feat.  Unfortunately they also gave birth to the hypocritical TV evangelists and money seekers that we deal with today.  The Bible tells us how to determine a disciples worth, they must have missed that chapter.


Isaszeg Hunagary and other locations
Following centuries of successive habitation by Celts, Romans, Huns, Slavs, Gepids, and Avars, the foundation of Hungary was laid in the late 9th century by the Hungarian grand prince Árpád in the Honfoglalás ("homeland-conquest"). His great-grandson Stephen I ascended to the throne in 1000 CE, converting the country to a Christian kingdom. By the 12th century, Hungary became a middle power within the Western world, reaching a golden age by the 15th century.[12] Following the Battle of Mohács in 1526 and about 150 years of partial Ottoman occupation (1541–1699), Hungary came under Habsburg rule, and later formed a significant part of the Austro–Hungarian Empire (1867–1918).  A lot of history available on this place and it looks like a good read!


Enjoy the Day!  Make it Memorable!  Happy Birthday to Ray!

No comments:

Post a Comment