Sunday, September 27, 2015

September 27, 2015 Sunday #nograzeday#discipline#folkmusic

Get Fit
It could be a day off but try not to sit on the couch and graze all day - very counterproductive to all the work you did this past week. 


Get Faith
Proverbs 19:18  "Discipline your children, for in that there is hope;  do not be a willing party to their death."  I read this to say that if you don't teach your child right from wrong and punish for errors early on they could live a life that greatly shortens their life span.  It's just good advice, but often hard to follow. 


On this day
1985 - Nicole was only 4 months old and I had an old oldsmobile at the time, but I decided I had to go up and visit my mom in Gaylord.  I remember going up I had to stop and feed her twice as she was breast fed and barely got up there in that car that was leaking transmission fluid.  We have all seen movies of long hard treks to get home - well this wasn't THAT bad - but you get the idea. On the way home I stopped at Grandma McCarthy's to see her, show her the baby and let the car cool down.  She gifted me with her nice newer Oldsmobile that was sitting in the carport and never driven anymore.  I loved that car.  Aaron dubbed it the brown rocket.


1982 - Italian and French soldiers entered the Sabra and Chatilla refugee camps in Beirut. The move was made by the members of a multinational force due to hundreds of Palestinians being massacred by Christian militiamen. This is hard to believe, I wasn't going to repeat it but then I too would be a hypocrite.  Massacred by Christians is not acceptable - not Christian.


Parenting
I don't recall a lot of disciplining with my kids.  I must have just forgot.  Not to brag, they were good kids and didn't require beating.  I do recall sticking to what I promised and never disagreeing with their father if he was disciplining.  There were also 3 or 4 parents and 5 grandparents involved in Aaron and Nicoles life, plus Aunt and Uncle that all deeply cared for and were involved in their upbringing.  I think they knew what to expect and what they could get away with.


Book Club - The Other Irish by Karen McCArthy
maybe today.


Isaszeg Hungary  music
  Hungary has made many contributions to the fields of folk, popular and classical music. Hungarian folk music is a prominent part of the national identity and continues to play a major part in Hungarian music.[1][2] It is also strong in the Szabolcs-Szatmár area and in the southwest part of Transdanubia, near the border with Croatia. The Busójárás carnival in Mohács is a major Hungarian folk music event, formerly featuring the long-established and well-regarded Bogyiszló orchestra.[3]  Listen to some today!
Enjoy the day!  Make it Memorable!  Happy Birthday Christian!

No comments:

Post a Comment