Tuesday, September 22, 2015

September 22, 2015 Tuesday #walk#goodname#goodmemories#goodfood!

Get Fit

Turn Your Walk Into a Workout

Walking is as simple as it gets for exercise. All you need is a good, supportive pair of walking shoes.
"Just a few extra steps each day is a simple and easy way to take an active role in maintaining a significantly healthier life," says Timothy Gardner, MD, past president of the American Heart Association.


Get Faith
Proverbs 10:7  "The name of the righteous is used in blessings, but the name of the wicked will rot."  Think of how when you remember a name it elicits a memory or knowledge.  Einstein, Mother Teresa, JFK, MLK, bring good memories and then Hitler which immediately summons horror and evil.  It seems that Proverbs is warning us to keep our "good name", but the best name is Jesus.  Keep that one.  He loves you.


On this day
1975 - I may have mentioned this before but it is a great memory.  I had a two seater Austin Healy at the time that kept Pete pretty busy.  It needed a lot of body work originally and then was in a couple of fender benders.  That is too small a car to have accidents in, let me tell you.  The best place to go for parts was to go see Webster.  He was a wirely black guy that could find anything in the junk yards that you needed.  He came cheap - a bottle of gin and someone to drink with.  Pete and I sat for hours with him in his kitchen listening to his stories, it was a good time.  I brought Squirt for a mixer.


1862 - U.S. President Lincoln issued the preliminary Emancipation Proclamation. It stated that all slaves held within rebel states would be free as of January 1, 1863. And now, we have a black president, but still have race issues.  You can change the law but not the attitudes of people - black or white.

Parenting
The study writer said today that giving your child good memories is a good idea.  I agree.  Because I journal my daughter is unfortunately burdened with MANY memories, which I sometime wonder if I have overdone it.  On the other hand, reading my book to Mom lately has put smiles and tears on her face.  I have to edit as I read, but she remembers so much of it for being 93.

Book Club  The Other Irish by Karen McCarthy
Great book, really enjoying it. 
 Next- The author that wrote The Shack has a new book out that I want to read, about the creation story and Eve.  He is a huge woman activist.  Dad's with daughters :)
 
Hungarian cuisine is a combination of simple peasant food that originated many centuries ago when nomadic tribes rode the great plains of Hungary, some new ingredients that arrived with the Italians and Turks in the 15th and 16th centuries, and the elegant, highly developed cuisine which came from the days of the Austro-Hungarian Empire. The result is delicious, often hearty, fare that helps Hungarians withstand long, cold winters. It is also often incredibly indulgent, especially when it comes to pastries, cakes and desserts. Read more My first mother in law was Hungarian! I know how good this food is!


Enjoy the Day!  Make it Memorable!  Happy Birthday to Heather and Vicki! 


No comments:

Post a Comment