Thursday, May 5, 2016

May 5, 2016 Thursday # Happy Cinco de Mayo!

Get Fit
"New Study Says Exercise Is Better Than Dieting for Cutting Calories" and Other Proven Tips https://app.mailerlite.com/q3a2w4
#weightloss #diet  I'm not sure about this. If I exercise a lot it increases my appetite.  What do you think?

Get Faith
Proverbs 13:20  "He who walks with the wise grows wise.."  Common sense I suppose, but there are those times when we are in the company of people who are bad influences  -  oh sorry that's me, I'm the bad influence.  So my friends say.  On the other hand I have chosen to spend the rest of my days being influenced by Jesus and I'm getting wiser.  So there is something to it.

On this day
1976  - Mom and I went over to Adele's for an oil painting party.  I don't think we painted, I believe we just purchased already painted pictures.  We were big on sales parties back then, I guess they still do parties, I just have so much stuff now I don't go.  I don't remember if I bought anything, after all I worked at a frame and art company, but they were always fun.

1809 - Mary Kies was awarded the first patent to go to a woman. It was for technique for weaving straw with silk and thread.  Maybe she sold them at home parties!

Parenting
The study writer told a story of how a baby boy was bitten by a rat and the parents, who were very poor took him to the hospital who gave him a very low chance of survival.  The mother prayed that she would beg everyday for pennies to give to the Lord and the father swore he would give up gambling.  The child lived, the parents kept their promise and the child was Danny Thomas who raised millions for St Jude hospital for children.  Our life stories shape us don't they?

Quebec city
After the settlement of Port Royal in Acadia (1605), the next colonization effort by the French occurred in 1608. Samuel de Champlain built "l'Habitation" to house 28 people.[6] However, the first winter proved formidable, and 20 of 28 men died.[6] By 1615, the first four missionaries arrived in Quebec. Among the first successful French settlers were Marie Rollet and her husband, Louis Hebert, credited as "les premier agriculteurs du Canada"[6] by 1617. The first French child born in Quebec was Helene Desportes, in 1620, to Pierre Desportes and Francoise Langlois, whose father was a member of the Hundred Associates.[7] The population of Quebec City arrived at 100 in 1627, less than a dozen of whom were women.[8]However, with the invasion of Quebec by David Kirke and his brothers in 1628, Champlain returned to France with approximately 60 out of 80 settlers.[9]
  Our histories often repeat themselves.

Enjoy the day!  Make it memorable!  

No comments:

Post a Comment