Monday, July 10, 2017

July 10, 2017 Monday#Walk#holdhands#ledbyHishand#youarehere

Get Fit
Got an early morning walk in.  Cool day, overcast nice breeze, the sidewalks were crowded!

Get Faith
Psalm 63:8 "My soul clings to You; Your right hand upholds me."  When David wrote this psalm he was (I believe) speaking only of God's hand.  Since the New Testament and the Gospel came after this God's right hand makes me immediately think of Jesus, which so appropriately covers the last part "Your right hand upholds me."  I have never been a hand holder my Mom lamented that even as a small child I would not hold her hand while walking.  That might explain why my grandmother had a stranglehold on my hand on our trips on the bus to downtown Detroit.  Now, I think, what a blessing to walk and hold someones hand, now when I realize how comforting that act is maybe I will be more aware of it.  The last hand I remember holding was my Mom's a few days before she died when we sat and watched the Christmas movie Holiday Inn and held hands. Nicole has a picture of her hand in Grandma's hand hours before she passed.   I thank God for that time.

On this day
1994  I don't really remember this occasion.  It says I went to a Sunday School Teachers Convention.  I most likely thoroughly enjoyed the information and companionship of like minded people.  I can tell you that God was definitely holding my hand as I started taking Nicole to Sunday School at 3 and quickly became a Sunday School teacher, then the Superintendent of the Sunday School, then the education administer of the church, running all programs.  I had no previous experience, it was a small church lacking in interested/motivated people.  The one who became the best educated was me and absolutely led by God's hand.  Don't pass up an opportunity to learn, God will hold your hand.

1609 - The Catholic states in Germany set up a league under the leadership of Maximillian of Bavaria. Bowling league?  Good idea!

Dalap-Uliga-Djarrit Marshall Islands
 Better idea of where we are after Australia.

Enjoy the day!  Make it memorable!  Happy Birthday Dennis!

No comments:

Post a Comment