Friday, July 7, 2017

July 7, 2017 Friday #Parsley#Fears#sibs#History#Missionaries!

Get Fit
Photo  Use parsley as a cleanser for your kidneys!  Stay healthy!

Get Faith
Psalm 34:4  "For I cried to him and he answered me.  He freed me from all my fears."  We all have fears, right?  I fear becoming sick and dependent on someone.  I fear for not only my own life but my daughters. Those are not uncommon fears and I have learned to cope by putting it on God. It works most of the time, except in the middle of the night when I can't sleep, how about you?  Take it to the Lord in prayer.

On this day
1989  It was a hot and humid day.  While I did the house cleaning and laundry, Joe and Colleen from across the street came to play with Nicole, who was four.  Joey was here all the time and Colleen was maybe 8 or 9 at the time, but my house was air conditioned.  Colleen overdosed a few years ago on heroin and her older sister is on the way to the same end now.  Joey was the only one that survived drugs and disillusionment by moving to Florida. I like to think the time he spent with us in our family and going to church with us helped in some way.  There is another sibling Christopher that Joe called and asked me to keep an eye on.  He is now early 20's goes to school part time, lives with Mom but doesn't work.  He, also seems lost and indifferent when I talk to him.  I pray.

1950 - The U.N. Security Council authorized military aid for South Korea.  History repeats itself.

Dalap-Uliga_Djarrit  Marshall Islands
The Cathedral of the Assumption is a Catholic cathedral[1] located in Majuro,[2] Republic of the Marshall Islands.[3] It is the seat of the Apostolic Prefecture of the Marshall Islands, which covers the entire country, as well as Wake Atoll (dependent on the United States). It is located in the city center.
The current apostolic prefect is Raymundo Sabio.[4]
It was built in 1898, with the arrival of the missionaries of the Order of the Sacred Heart in Majuro Atoll. It is separated from the Diocese of the Carolines and Marshall Islands on April 23, 1993, under Pope John Paul II.  Go forth and make disciples!  Good job! Catholics!!!

Enjoy the day!  Make it memorable!  

No comments:

Post a Comment