Friday, July 14, 2017

July 14, 2017 Friday#Pilates#singpraise#BBGlen#nouttering#freereign

Get Fit
I did some Pilates this morning.  I feel like after all these years I need to change up my exercising habits.  I will let you know.  (lucky you)  lol.

Get Faith
Psalm 13:5-6  "But I have trusted in Your mercy; my heart shall rejoice in Your salvation.  I will sing to the Lord, because He has dealt bountifully with me."  I often thank God for what I have.  He has always saved me from despair and provided me with what I need.  I am the epitome of middle class, with less then many people with fine homes and cars but, with so much more than billions of people on this earth that have nothing.  This song has been in my head all week - "better is one day in Your courts, better is one day in Your house, better is one day in Your courts - than thousands elsewhere." Find a song for your heart to sing to the Lord in praise for what He has dealt bountifully with you!

On this day
2004  It was usually pretty busy at Clancy's in the summer and sometime I had help and sometimes not, but it said I was in the truck scale all day which meant I was alone.  I didn't mind, you know, it goes by faster.  Nicole on the other hand was doing basketball camp with Glen who was an old family friend that was a phys ed teacher in Grosse Pointe.  What was he 6'5 or more Nicole?  Great guy!

1798 - The U.S. Congress passed the Sedition Act. The act made it a federal crime to write, publish, or utter false or malicious statements about the U.S. government. do they still enforce this? Just  wondered.

Dalap-Uliga_Djarrit Marshall Islands
The US government formed the Congress of Micronesia in 1965, a plan for increased self-governance of Pacific islands. The Trust Territory of the Pacific Islands in 1979 provided independence to the Marshall Islands, whose constitution and president (Amata Kabua) were formally recognized by the US. Full sovereignty or Self-government was achieved in a Compact of Free Association with the United States. Marshall Islands has been a United Nations member state since 1991.[11] Politically, the Marshall Islands is a presidential republic in free association with the United States, with the US providing defense, subsidies, and access to U.S. based agencies such as the Federal Communications Commission and the United States Postal Service. With few natural resources, the islands' wealth is based on a service economy, as well as some fishing and agriculture; aid from the United States represents a large percentage of the islands' gross domestic product. The country uses the United States dollar as its currency. Least we could do after bombing the crap out of them.  OOOPs see above.

Enjoy the day!  Make it memorable!  Happy Birthday Todd!

No comments:

Post a Comment