Saturday, July 15, 2017

July 15, 2017 Saturday#stressless#Bible=Hope#calm#Marshallese

Get Fit
Started my day with AM yoga and then went to work and got all stressed out again.  Balance, I need balance.

Get Faith
Psalm 30:5 "I wait for the Lord, my soul waits, and in his word I put my hope."  Do you wonder what we Christians are waiting for?  I read the Bible because it gives me what I need, peace, hope and answers to my prayers.  Hope, love and joy are used so much in the Bible you can't help but be lifted up by His word.  My soul praises the Lord.

On this day
2012 After a long day at work I stopped home to make sure Mom had dinner then stopped by a graduation party for David, my friends' son and then to church for a wonderful, calming evening of music by the Detroit Symphony Orchestra with my friend Waynette.  It is true, music does calm the beast.  Catch a concert somewhere if you get a chance, outside is even better!.

1942 - Glenn Miller and his band recorded "Jukebox Saturday Night."  This would be a great outdoor concert tonight!!!!  

Dalap-Uliga-Djarrit Marshall Islands

The majority of the citizens of the Republic of Marshall Islands, formed in 1982, are of Marshallese descent, though there are small numbers of immigrants from the United States, China, Philippines, and other Pacific islands. The two official languages are Marshallese, which is a member of the Malayo-Polynesian languages, and English. Almost the entire population of the islands practises some religion, with three-quarters of the country either following the United Church of Christ – Congregational in the Marshall Islands (UCCCMI) or the Assemblies of God.  

Status[edit]

Marshallese is the official language of the Marshall Islands and enjoys vigorous use.[1] As of 1979, the language was spoken by 43,900 people in the Marshall Islands.[1] Additional groups of speakers in other countries including Nauru and the United States bring the total number of Marshallese speakers to 49,550[1] Along with Pohnpeian and Chuukese, Marshallese stands out among Micronesian languages in having tens of thousands of speakers; most Micronesian languages have far fewer.[6] A dictionary and a Bible translation have been published in Marshallese.[1]  Not too many to speak to.

Enjoy the day!  Make it memorable!  Happy Birthday Rick!

No comments:

Post a Comment