Tuesday, August 15, 2017

August 15, 2017 Tuesday #gettingoldnotforthewweak#ichooseJesus#lovefamily#luau!

Get Fit
70 is not the new 50.  Everyday there is a new "thing".  My skin on the underside of my arms just burns, nothing there, no rash or anything it just burns.  Oh well.  Today I did aerobics with Kathy Smith in hopes that the circulating blood will help the above mentioned problem go away.  Id rather take the healthy approach than the medicines they suggested on line.

Get Faith
Ephesians 4:2 - 3  "Be humble and gentle.  Be patient with each other, making allowance for each other's faults because of your love.  Try always to be led along together by the Holy spirit and so be at peace with one another."  How does God know just what I need every day?  How does the right Bible verse come up - ALL THE TIME"  when I need it.  The world is a hard place to be.  We are faced with conflict, anger and hatred everyday.  If you get pulled into it you become part of the problem.  I choose peace over conflict, I choose to love my neighbor even if they don't love me, I choose to forgive those I love for whatever problems we have.  I choose Jesus.  Peace.

On this day
2005    When you have a lot of family and friends you have a day like this. "Mom, Nicole and I to church, it was Annaliese' baptism with a party in the church basement afterward.  After church Mom and I picked up Aunt Annie, Kay and Kathy  for a wedding shower for Chad and Stephanie, my cousin Marylou's son."  I love to remember these events and the many times I did spend with people that I loved.  Mom and Aunt Annie are gone, Bruce moved his family, which included Annaliese up to Gaylord.  Chad and Stephanie had 2 little boys 3 or 4 years ago and I am of course still in touch with Kay and Kathy.  Family and friends matter!  Keep in touch.

1848 - The dental chair was patented by M. Waldo Hanchett. They looked a little like an electric chair if I remember right.

Hawaii

History

Hawaii is one of four U.S. states—apart from the original thirteen, along with the Vermont Republic (1791), the Republic of Texas (1845), and the California Republic (1846)—that were independent nations prior to statehood. Along with Texas, Hawaii had formal, international diplomatic recognition as a nation.[50]
The Kingdom of Hawaiʻi was sovereign from 1810 until 1893 when the monarchy was overthrown by resident American and European capitalists and landholders. Hawaii was an independent republic from 1894 until August 12, 1898, when it officially became a territory of the United States. Hawaii was admitted as a U.S. state on August 21, 1959.[51]  I begin to  realize that things change.  Somethings get better and somethings worse.
You have to decide whether Hawaii was better off the way it was - naturally, or now as a tourism
location.

Enjoy the day!  Make it memorable!  Happy Birthday Kay and Michelle!

No comments:

Post a Comment