Tuesday, August 8, 2017

August 8, 2017 Tuesday #friendship#favored#vacation#spoiled

Get Fit
Strengthening my friendship today.  Spending the day with Pam, closing on her house she has lived in and raised her children in.  Then going to lunch and maybe out to see her new condo.  It will be an exercise in futility to keep from shedding a few tears.

Get Faith
Psalm 30:7  "O Lord, when You favored me.  You made my mountain stand firm."  It is a funny thing that I, yep me, wild child and party animal, feels favored by God.  I think he enjoys my sense of humor and has led me through the dark times of my life with strength.  It is just another thing about God that is awesome!

On this day
1997  After work, Nicole and I headed up north on part of a plan to see all the coastlines of Michigan.  This long weekend we spent the night at Andy's cabin and then in the morning started at Tawas and did the coast all the way up to the Bridge.  We stopped in Alpena at Pam's family place for an hour but were determined to get our destination in so we traveled on from there.

1356 - Edward "the Black Prince" began a raid north from Aquitaine. This sounds like it would be a good movie!

East Honolulu Hawaii
Hawaii's diverse natural scenery, warm tropical climate, abundance of public beaches, oceanic surroundings, and active volcanoes make it a popular destination for tourists, surfers, biologists, and volcanologists. Because of its central location in the Pacific and 19th-century labor migration, Hawaii's culture is strongly influenced by North American and Asian cultures, in addition to its indigenous Hawaiian culture. Hawaii has over a million permanent residents, along with many visitors and U.S. military personnel. Its capital is Honolulu on the island of Oʻahu.
Hawaii is the 8th-smallest and the 11th-least populous, but the 13th-most densely populated of the fifty U.S. states. It is the only state with an Asian plurality. The state's coastline is about 750 miles (1,210 km) long, the fourth longest in the U.S. after the coastlines of Alaska, Florida, and California. Reading this I am reminded of carpenter ants that cover a scenery and devour it.  I have not been but can't help but beleieve it has been sadly desecrated by the huge tourism groups.

Enjoy the day!  Make it memorable!  Happy Birthday to Colleen!

No comments:

Post a Comment