Wednesday, August 16, 2017

August 16, 2017 Wednesday #Dance#Loveall#battlewon!#attack!#guessing!

Get Fit
Worked out the legs with dancers workshop.  Trying to stay on target with walking also but I might have scheduled too many jobs for myself today.

Get Faith
1 Corinthians 13:7  " (Love) bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things."  And yet is elusive in our world.  I have been loved, I have been in love and I have loved, all different types of "love".  I believe that this verse refers to human love for one another.  In my experience my love for Nicole and Aaron has been the best and least tested.  Nicole, my child, of course is my enduring love that all of the above pertain to.  For those who have had a wonderful, long marriage, as my friends Ty and Norma, celebrating 32 years today can attest to all the above as well. It would be wonderful if the world could celebrate love for all people for even a day, wouldn't it? Can you pray for and love those you dislike?  It is your mission today.

On this day
2008  This was during the time period I was going to Marine City every weekend to care for Bob Fitzpatrick.  He knew he was losing the battle and his kids were pushing to have him put in a nursing home.  He only wanted to stay in his home and die in his own bed.  I was there Friday after work till Sunday afternoon and it was hard on my Mom at my home to not have me there but, she knew how much he wanted to stay there and how important it was for me to help him.  On this day he agreed to go and "look" (he was blind) at a couple of senior facilities.  It had to be a place he could take his dog Chico also.  They were nice and I pointed out the advantages of being with other people for meals and still having his own apartment, and he was agreeable - to a point.  It never happened, he won the battle!  Good for you Fitz!

1812 - Detroit fell to Indian and British troops in the War of 1812. Hey some local history!!  And so we have Indian Village and Algonquin street - etc.

Hawaii

First human settlement – Ancient Hawaiʻi (800–1778)

Based on archaeological evidence, the earliest habitation of the Hawaiian Islands dates to around 300 CE, probably by Polynesian settlers from the Marquesas Islands. A second wave of migration from Raiatea and Bora Bora took place in the 11th century. The date of the human discovery and habitation of the Hawaiian Islands is the subject of academic debate.[52] Some archaeologists and historians think it was a later wave of immigrants from Tahiti around 1000 CE who introduced a new line of high chiefs, the kapu system, the practice of human sacrifice, and the building of heiau.[citation needed] This later immigration is detailed in Hawaiian mythology (moʻolelo) about Paʻao. Other authors say there is no archaeological or linguistic evidence for a later influx of Tahitian settlers and that Paʻao must be regarded as a myth.[citation needed]
The history of the islands is marked by a slow, steady growth in population and the size of the chiefdoms, which grew to encompass whole islands. Local chiefs, called aliʻi, ruled their settlements, and launched wars to extend their influence and defend their communities from predatory rivals. Ancient Hawaii was a caste-based society, much like that of Hindus in India.[53]  The more differences we find the more 
alike to seem to be.

Enjoy the day!  Make it memorable!  

No comments:

Post a Comment