Tuesday, January 14, 2014

January 14, 2014 Tuesday

Pilates for Dummies.  I like the long rests between moves because she is explaining to the newbies.  I am a very lazy exerciser I think.


Psalm 4 -  I like the last line " In peace I will lie down and sleep, for you alone, Lord, make me dwell in safety".  I usually don't have trouble sleeping.  In general, I am a happy, peaceful person that enjoys everyday, loves the people around me, has accepted my place in this world and give God whatever I can't deal with.   I know that is easier said then done, pray on it.


2000 - On this day, I called my friend Chris, her Mom died.  Now there was someone worth knowing.  She was born in Bulgaria,in 1903  but was never Bulgarian, she was Macedonian.  Lived in a village and married her husband, a wonderful man, Sotir Anastas ,  and had her first son there and then moved to Toronto Canada.  I wish I could tell you the year maybe around  1930.  They opened a restaurant on Bloor St and lived in the apt above the restaurant.  She had my good friend Xana (Christina) there in Toronto and another son George to go with the first son Ted.  She never spoke English, but somehow told me her history in Bulgaria, about the Turks and the Greeks over running the land that I don't believe has been called Macedonia for a long time.  At one time it was the largest country anywhere and much is owed to their civilization.  Her name was Velika.  She made the best bread EVER!!  God bless you Velika!  Rest in peace.


Parenting - I do lose sleep over somethings.  When my daughter went to college, I went to a few seminars with Nicole, that explained how to choose a college and finance the education.  I flunked understanding that process. I thought they said that with scholarships (which she had) and help from the government for lower income families, and what I paid, which was a lot, that we could manage her college tuition.  As many are, she is burdened with huge debt from her six years of education and it seems unsurmountable.  Before you send your child off to any college, ask more questions then I did about financing.  Does she live home rent free now?  yes.


Vancouver :  This does seem like a great place.  Here is a bit move background:

Geography[edit]

23 official neighbourhoods of Vancouver (local usage varies)
Located on the Burrard Peninsula, Vancouver lies between Burrard Inlet to the north and the Fraser River to the south. The Strait of Georgia, to the west, is shielded from the Pacific Ocean by Vancouver Island. The city has an area of 114 km2 (44 sq mi), including both flat and hilly ground, and is in the Pacific Time Zone (UTC−8) and the Pacific Maritime Ecozone.[51] Until the city's naming in 1885, "Vancouver" referred to Vancouver Island, and it remains a common misconception that the city is located on the island.[52][53] The island and the city are both named after Royal Navy Captain George Vancouver (as is the city of Vancouver, Washington in the United States).
Vancouver has one of the largest urban parks in North America, Stanley Park, which covers 404.9 hectares (1,001 acres).[54] The North Shore Mountains dominate the cityscape, and on a clear day, scenic vistas include the snow-capped volcano Mount Baker in the state of Washington to the southeast, Vancouver Island across the Strait of Georgia to the west and southwest, and Bowen Island to the northwest.[55]


Enjoy the day!  Make it memorable!

No comments:

Post a Comment