Thursday, January 30, 2014

January 30, 2014 Thursday

Spent the night at the hospital with Mom, coming down with a head cold.  Let's see, I guess that's all the excuses I have right now for not exercising.  Mom's on the 6th floor, maybe I'll take the stairs. :)


Psalm 116 - We occasionaly use this in worship at church "I will lift up the cup of salvation and call on the name of the Lord.  I will fulfill my vows to the Lord in the presence of all his people".  King David never met his offspring, Jesus on this earth.  I wonder what he thought of his humility and righteousness.  Sounds like a great topic for Bible study, eh?  The psalms are always a great source of comfort, for any occasion.  Better take my Bible to the hospital so I can share the reading with her.


1976 - On this day, it says in the trusty journal, that Jim (the boss) Chris and I went to the Scotch for lunch.  Must have been to celebrate Chris's birthday.  We occasionaly would go out to eat together, but not at lunch, I wonder who was watching the shop?  We worked together for 20+ years, which covered a lot of life events for all 3 of us, we could talk anyone under the table.  Does anyone remember the Scotch and Sirloin restaurant at 8 and Greenfield?  It was a great place and attracted a lot of high rollers.  If I remember correctly it was a hangout for a lot of TV celebrities of that time.   My friend Waynette worked there for years.  Those work lunches used to be pretty interesting, how about yours? 


Parenting - It does go around.  Mom always told me that they wouldn't let anyone stay at the hospital with a patient if it wasn't visiting hours.  When I was a child in the hospital, I remember her dropping me off and checking me out, but not staying with me. things have changed.  I have never been told to leave when Mom is there.  Finishing this up and going back to see what they have found out about her. 


Book club - "My Antonia"  reading last night about a picnic and swim in the warm sun.  Now that was a great thought to fall asleep on.


Vancouver -  Just a little more:
Attractions
A group of friends walking on a bridge (Patrice Halley photo)
A group of friends walking on a bridge (Patrice Halley photo)


Attractions in Victoria are educational, beautiful and inspiring.
Known as “The Garden City” due to the abundance of gardens and city parks, Victoria also has an impressive selection of historic sites and heritage architecture. See floral displays year-round or wander through a castle.
Museums in Victoria cover everything from Aboriginal culture to science and nature. This is also the home of the Royal BC Museum and the Legislative Assembly of British Columbia.
Take a Victoria whale-watching tour to enjoy the natural surroundings and to look for Orcas, sea lions and more.
Go finish up your sight seeing, we leave here tomorrow!


Enjoy the day!  Make it memorable!

No comments:

Post a Comment