Thursday, January 9, 2014

Thursday January 9, 2014

Get Started!  with weight watchers video.  aerobic dance with intervals of weight workouts.  I think just remembering all the dance steps or motions that they do is a workout for my memory.  Love those fish arms.


Luke chapter 24 - Jesus appears to the Disciples.  That is after he died on the cross and was resurrected 3 days later.  He appeared to a great number of people during this time and promised to leave the Spirit behind to help us keep the faith.  I can understand how those who have not been baptized with the Spirit might find this story  hard to believe.  Risen from the dead,  He is risen indeed.


1980 - On this day, it is Mom's birthday.  But I got the gift in 1980.  Christine's brother George called from Toronto and told her he had seats on a charter plane that included 8 nights in the Bahama's for 180.00 each.  I called my friend Linda and we packed and made train reservations to Toronto for the following day.  I still went to Mom's for dinner that night, but no cake, I usually bake her a cake.We had a ball didn't we Linda?  Take a vacation!  Should have gone to Tahiti with Annie.


Parenting - Today is Mom's 92nd birthday, she lives with me and has for the last 10-12 years.  She is still pretty sharp, not real mobile but  has a great appetite.  Nicole and I will take her to Logan's for dinner tonight, and have cake all weekend for anyone that comes over.  Wish I could take her to the Bahamas,  I would have to go to you know.


Vancouver - I would go to Vancouver, in the summer. Here is some more info:

Indigenous people[edit]

Archaeological records indicate the presence of Aboriginal people in the Vancouver area from 8,000 to 10,000 years ago.[21][22] The city is located in the traditional territories of the Squamish, Musqueam, and Tseil-Waututh (Burrard) peoples of the Coast Salish group.[23] They had villages in various parts of present day Vancouver, such as Stanley Park, False Creek, Kitsilano, Point Grey and near the mouth of the Fraser River.[22]




Enjoy the day!  Make it memorable!  Happy Birthday Mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment