Wednesday, January 15, 2014

January 15, 2014 Wednesday

Made the bad decision to not exercise today, maybe get something in later.  Trying to force myself to go to the Y and get on the treadmill.  Everyone needs a kick in the butt sometimes.


Matthew chapter 6 - Do Not Worry.  So hard to do, but this from Jesus himself telling us to trust in God to take care of us.  Our problem might be that he doesn't provide on the grand scale that we have come to like.  I, personally, don't know anyone that doesn't have food and clothes.  If I did I would do something about it, not leave them naked and hungry.  In "our" world this might not seem relevant, except the worry, which is probably about our grand scale upkeep.  I do believe that God provides, - through us if necessary.


2012 - On this day, it was Sunday and the evangelism board had coffee hour, and I was helping with communion and later that day had boards and council.  Not bragging, it is what you do if you belong to any club, group, organization, career, or whatever.  Church is what I have done for a long time.  Recently, some changes have been made and I have not been participating in the extracurriculars that I used to.  I still attend church every Sunday and I still attend activities and studies, but I have stepped down from leadership positions.  As in anything that you have done for a long time, it leaves a void.  I am looking to participate in more charitable and outreach projects.  Getting a slow start, but I will get there.  A change is as good as a rest.  (Who said that?)


Parenting - I love when my daughter and I sit and talk.  I enjoy her company and love her outlook on life.  It also helps her to open up after a few drinks.  I would hope that you can sit and talk with your child, and listen, that's the most important thing.


Vancouver:  a little more background and then maybe look at whats current:

Ecology[edit]

The vegetation in the Vancouver area was originally temperate rain forest, consisting of conifers with scattered pockets of maple and alder, and large areas of swampland (even in upland areas, due to poor drainage).[56] The conifers were a typical coastal British Columbia mix of Douglas fir, Western red cedar and Western Hemlock.[57] The area is thought to have had the largest trees of these species on the British Columbia Coast. Only in Elliott Bay, Seattle did the size of trees rival those of Burrard Inlet and English Bay. The largest trees in Vancouver's old-growth forest were in the Gastown area, where the first logging occurred, and on the southern slopes of False Creek and English Bay, especially around Jericho Beach. The forest in Stanley Park was logged between the 1860s and 1880s, and evidence of old-fashioned logging techniques such as springboard notches can still be seen there.[58]
Many plants and trees growing throughout Vancouver and the Lower Mainland were imported from other parts of the continent and from points across the Pacific. Examples include the monkey puzzle tree, the Japanese Maple, and various flowering exotics, such as magnolias, azaleas, and rhododendrons. Some species imported from harsher climates in Eastern Canada or Europe have grown to immense sizes. The native Douglas Maple can also attain a tremendous size. Many of the city's streets are lined with flowering varieties of Japanese cherry trees donated from the 1930s onward by the government of Japan. These flower for several weeks in early spring each year, an occasion celebrated by the Vancouver Cherry Blossom Festival. Other streets are lined with flowering chestnut, horse chestnut and other decorative shade trees.[59]


Enjoy the day!  Make it memorable!

No comments:

Post a Comment