Thursday, January 16, 2014

January 16, 2014 Thursday

I found a stationary bike thing and think it will come in handy for a little extra cardio on those days that I miss exercising in the morning.  Tomorrow will be a good day for that as I will be going to work.  It is just the pedal section of a bike that you can put in front of a chair and pedal.  I found it for mom at a garage sale and its getting dusty.


Colossians chapter 1 - Thanksgiving and prayer.  This is about praying, always, for one another, to encourage each other in faith.  The study guide suggests to pray on your knees as a great privilege.  It reminds me of the hymn "What a friend we have in Jesus"  ie: "What a privilege to carry, everything to God in prayer".  Prayer the world's best wireless connection.  I received a t-shirt from my brother and sister for Christmas with this saying on it.  I love it.


1968 - On this day, my girlfriend had a wig party.  Oh such fun. We tried on the long straight black hair, the short blond curly one, but my favorite, and I bought it, was a spiky red wig.  It actually altered my personality.  My fiancée Don thought it looked good, but said I turned into a witch when I wore it.  Funny, none of the Tupperware, home décor items, French bras, or other home party items did that, it must have been possessed. 


Parenting - There is a young lady that was in the youth group at church when I was the youth director.  She admittedly needs a lot of attention.  Daily, she posts pictures of herself on facebook.  She is a beautiful girl, I just wish that somehow she would know that her humor and intelligence, her sense of righteousness and her penchant for stirring people up are so much more HER then that pretty face.  I would have never made a good runway mom. 


Vancouver - Hey!  BNL is playing at the Queen Elizabeth Theater on Friday night in Vancouver.  Want to go?


Enjoy the Day!  Make it memorable!

No comments:

Post a Comment