Saturday, July 11, 2015

July 11, 2015 Saturday #Runners #selfcontrol #family #football

Get Fit
My nieces are both runners.  They get a strong sense of accomplishment and resolve from this form of exercising.  I notice runners are a somewhat different breed - like they have run out of this realm of existence and into a space beyond where they were.  It serves to energize them and recalculate their ambitions.  I commend them for their determination and healthy outlook!  Run Forest Run!


Get Faith
Psalm 46 - "Be still and know that I am God."  Self control - be still.  I find it hard to do this, if I stop I sleep.  There is a great song - "God is in Control"  We believe God gives us free will - I chose to give my free will to God and trust in Him.


On this day
1993 - my husband and I were having marital problems and it was evident it was over.  My beloved family gathered around us, even the in-laws.  It was important to keep the kids in the family circle.  Mom, my mother in law Pat, Andy and Alice and Lindsey all came over and spent the day BBQing and hanging out.  Aaron's Mom Cathy brought him home to us too. 


1804 - The United States' first secretary of the treasury, Alexander Hamilton, was killed by Vice President Aaron Burr in a duel. Now that's what I call term control.


Parenting
Divorce has much longer outreach then just the people that have given up on their marriage.  The children and extended family are equally effected by the loss.  Children, especially feel the guilt, grief and loss and very often act out on it.  If you know someone going through this situation - reach out to them and their children for a day of normalacy. 


Come Get These Memories - of the Sixties this book is at the editors desk right now.
     One day my teacher, Mr. Hanna, called me out to the hallway, grabbed me by the arms and threw me into the lockers.  He told me to change my attitude or he would help change it for me.  I knew he had done that with some of the guys, but I think I got the honor of being the first girl to get that treatment.  Considering this was right after my father died, maybe he thought he was doing me a favor, straightening me out, I’ve never forgotten it, and I still don’t know if it hurt or helped.  I only remember being very mad and expected my mother to do something about it.  The principle Mrs. Raynor just looked down her nose at me. 
     At home Mom said, “Well I think it is nice he has taken an interest in your well-being after you lost your father.  Maybe you should pay more attention in his class.”      
      I had to talk fast that night in bed to make sure my Joey didn’t have the guy offed.
Motherwell Scotland

Football[edit]

The East Stand at Fir Park Stadium, home of Motherwell Football Club
Motherwell Football Club was established in 1886. Known as the "Steelmen" because of the history of steel making in the area, they play in the Scottish Premier League from their home ground at Fir Park Stadium. Like many smaller clubs in the area, Motherwell struggle to attract a large fanbase due to the attraction of Glasgow's "Old Firm" of Rangers and Celtic. However, the team attracts a regular home support of between five and six thousand fans. Also, the club is known to be one of the most established clubs in the top flight, having been in the top flight since the mid-80s. Again, due to the Old Firm's dominance of Scottish football, Motherwell's list of honours is somewhat modest. The club's last major trophy was the Scottish Cup in 1991 where they beat Dundee United F.C. by four goals to three in the final. More recently, they faced Rangers in the 2005 CIS Cup Final, but lost 5-1. In the 07-08 season, Motherwell (led by Mark McGhee) finished third behind Celtic F.C and Rangers F.C meaning that in the 08-09 season Motherwell got the chance of playing European (UEFA Cup) football. Motherwell lost out to French team AS Nancy in the first round (3-0 aggregate). They qualified for Europe the following two seasons, in the newly formed Europa League. The current manager is Ian Baraclough, who took over the role in December 2014 after Stuart McCall's resignation.
Tis not your mothers football & notice the add above the field!  ah! Scots. Note the uniforms and lack of protective gear.
Enjoy the Day!  Make it Memorable!  Happy Birthday Marcus! and Dave! 


No comments:

Post a Comment