Saturday, July 4, 2015

July 4, 2015 Saturday Independence Day #Goodness #balance #Parades

Get Fit
Should have taken a longer walk but have things to do to get ready for the day.  Exercise your freedom today to be kind and good to everyone you meet!


Get Faith
Galatians chapter 6 - "Each one should test their own actions.  Then they can take pride in themselves alone, without comparing themselves to someone else, for each one should carry their own load." Be good to one another - His goodness and mercy for you abounds.


On This Day
1977  As in previous years, most of the 70's were spent at Put in Bay Ohio.  On this day I noted we took one of the crews old boats The Sanctuary over to the winery.  There was no place to dock a boat that size so they tied off a big tree with two lines.  We got to the island by walking on the lower line and hanging onto the top line.  Can't imagine doing that now. After being at the winery can't remember how we got back to the boat, might have been easier.  Do as I say, not as I do.


1886 - The first rodeo in America was held at Prescott, AZ. Now that would be something to do today!


Parenting
My neighbor Barb had to get going early today.  Her son Dalton, is in two parades with the band from Southlake High School.  Now that's patriotic!  Two parades! whew. 


Come Get These Memories - of the Sixties
     That was a Saturday night and on Sunday morning when I woke up I had a black eye and my nose had been bleeding.  I was 11 at the time and made the decision to leave home.  I dressed, and hollered that I was going to Donna’s house and left out the side door.  I did go to  Donna’s house but when Donna’s mom saw me she wanted to know why I had a black eye. 
Motherwell Scotland 
By the start of the 19th century Motherwell was a small hamlet, a farming community of some 600 people living adjacently to the 16th century laird’s manor, Jerviston house.[5] The hamlet remained reasonably small, reaching 1700 people by 1841, and centred on the crossroads between the main road following the Clyde, and the road connecting Edinburgh with Hamilton and the west.
Motherwell’s fortunes changed dramatically in the second half of the 19th century. With the coming of the railway in 1848, came industry and money. By 1881 David Colville had opened both an iron and steel works; Motherwell had a new piped water supply; had been granted burgh status and had its population swelled to 13,800 people.[5]      
My Grandmother was born here in 1885, I believe.


Enjoy the day!  Make it Memorable!  Happy Birthday America!  and Julio!

No comments:

Post a Comment