Wednesday, July 15, 2015

July 15, 2015 Wednesday #Newmoon #Rise up! #tame the tongue

Get Fit
Walked this morning.  Can't exercise around the bodies I have in the house.  (I love it).  Will be working in the yard today so I will get additional exercise doing that.  Digging a trench.


Get Faith
James chapter 3 - Taming the tongue - Out of the same mouths come praise and cursing.  The study writer says that it's too late to "bite the tongue" or "keep your mouth shut" we have to fill our hearts and thoughts with better things like forgiveness and love before the cursing comes to mind.  I will have to try harder.


On this day:
2005 - I went to Stony Lake Camp to spend the weekend with Nicole.  Something happens between childhood days of running through fields and over stones, through dense woods and pitch black.  As an adult I am not so confident and maybe all those scary movies have ruined my ability to "rough" it.  But I did that weekend and Janet came too, we made food for the counselors because the cook is off on Saturday.  We did have a good time.
1099 - Jerusalem fell to the Crusaders. Religious wars are contradictory - Makes no sense.


Parenting
My maternal instincts are being called into action this week.  Molly won't be back tonight, but will be back tomorrow, KJ will be back but not for dinner, Katie will probably be late, Liz will definitely be late.  No one back for dinner.  Nicole is dropping off  BJ to stay here, poor guy - lots of shower time here and he may need transportation.  Packed lunches and last minute travel advice.  Whew.


Come Get These Memories - of the Sixties
That was the year that John F Kennedy and Richard Nixon debated live on TV.  By 1960, 90% of American homes had televisions and we were all glued to the sets for the politics and the election results.  The civil rights movement was starting in the south and there were 900 US consultants in Vietnam.  It seemed a change was on the way.
     I never paid that much attention to the news but when they started talking about Dick Clark and Alan Freedman taking payola for playing and pushing certain musicians, well I still didn’t care.  I was still hearing the tunes I wanted to hear.
     Save the Last Dance for me, by the Drifters

Motherwell, Scotland News

Local news for Motherwell, Scotland continually updated from thousands of sources on the web.
 Here is a little news from Motherwell and what looks like not happy citizens. Except maybe the baby, no it looks disgusted too.  oh well.
Enjoy the Day!  Make it Memorable! 

No comments:

Post a Comment