Wednesday, July 1, 2015

July 1, 2015 Wednesday Canada Day #Goodness

Get Fit
Go To Dancers workshop on line and pull up the dancers legs workout.  Who doesn't want dancers legs?  Their are a few warms ups - 20 Jumping jacks to start. I have to modify those so things on my mantle don't fall off.


Get Faith
Psalm 8  About the goodness of God.  He created this glorious world for us to live in and entrusted it's care to us.  From the depths of the ocean to the stars in the sky - he created it all.  And of all the living things on the earth he created man to care for and enjoy and love one another.  The diversity of each of us is a work of art that only an awesome God like ours could create - let's care for all of us.
Goodness and mercy shall follow me all of my days.


On this day;
2014  I have been in the habit for the last few years of changing my mantel in the living room every month to reflect the season or holiday of that month.  While writing the book I have fallen away and right now my mantel is a combination of Easter and graduation pictures.  But today!  I have the urge to find all my red white and blue!  Fly the flay the 4th is coming!


1867 - Canada became an independent dominion. Hence the Canada Day. duh. or eh


Parenting
Friends from church, I have mentioned them before, have adopted a lot of children.  True Christians.
The parents of 6 daughters went on to adopt two little girls, sisters and have raised them to now graduated from high school.  Their are pictures today on facebook of Katie with her brother that has been located.  They met for the first time.  No denying - they look like twins.  How exciting!  Now not only do they have their loving adoptive family but are reunited with a brother of their own blood.


Come Get These Memories - of the Sixties
     I started smoking when I was 12 before my dad died.  I know that because I started by smoking his cigarettes that he kept in the closet.   They were Camels I believe, unfiltered. It seemed logical that my personality changed because of his death, but actually, if I was smoking before that, I must have already decided to take the alternate road.  Smoking in those days wasn’t known to be as bad as we know it now.  Everyone on TV smoked, and the movie stars always had a cigarette in their hand or hanging out of their mouth.  It gave you either a sophisticated appearance or a rebellious look, like James Dean.  I can’t imagine myself, at twelve capturing either of those looks, but I must have thought so.
Motherwell Scotland excited about this place - where my Grandmother came from.



Stock Photo - High Rises, Motherwell, Scotland
  • Motherwell Location Map (North Lanarkshire, Scotland, United Kingdom)
  • motherwell scottish gaelic tobar na màthar scots mitherwall
  • File:MotherwellScotland.jpg
  • North Lanarkshire Council Offices


  • Enjoy the Day!  Make it Memorable  Happy Birthday Linda!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment