Thursday, July 16, 2015

July 16, 2015 Thursday #Selfcontrol #Fairs #Rise Up Detroit #bouncesloseounces

Get Fit
My schedule is off with a houseful of people - waiting till later to get a walk in.  Maybe walk up to get my hair cut that way I will lose weight two ways, right?


Get Faith
So excited to see the great crowd of youth filling the Ford Field for the National Lutheran Youth Gathering!  Rise Up Detroit!  You can watch a live feed on Elca.org.
Romans chapter 12 - A Living Sacrifice.  When I open to this I find it almost entirely highlighted.  Humble service and Love in action.  "Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good." Self control.


On this day
2007 - I went to Wyandotte and Betty and I went to the street fair there.  That is an exceptionally good fair, but they are everywhere in the Summer.  Good exercise, great activity to do with a friend and a wonderful way to spend ($) the day!  Look on line to see who has one this weekend. - Or go downtown Detroit and check out all the activity there!


1845 - The New York Yacht Club hosted the first American boating regatta. tidbit for my sailing friends.


Parenting
It isn't racial, it is social economic bias.  I am afraid of poor areas because they are high in crime for obvious reasons.  I drove BJ to his family home last night, I didn't want to leave him there, but he wanted to see his family as he has been at camp since May.  I understood that - I said I would stay while he visited, but he declined, so I left him.  JK, one of the other counselors from camp picked him up and brought him back later.  I worry about the youth of our city - it isn't mindless worry, its in the news everyday.  Pray for an end to poverty.


Come Get These Memories - of the Sixties


CHAPTER 2 1961  Tossin’ and Turnin’ by Bobby Lewis
          That winter, my evening activity included meeting Judy and Carol on Curtis Street and walking over to Robert’s house.  He had a nice rec room in the basement, a couple of old couches and all the recent music on the record player and a friend named Wolf, or Mitchell that I had a crush on.  That’s what we called it back then, a crush. 
     I was so self-conscious, I could never think of anything cool to say and I really didn’t think I was very pretty, which put me at a terrible disadvantage.  I really wanted to win him over, please him, make him like me.  It was a really bad position to be in for a young inexperienced girl. And the boys, who were a year or two older (like 15) knew it.
Motherwell Scotland

Air Space - Freestyle Fitness

Saturday 11th - Saturday 25th July 2015
9:00am til 7:00pm (last entry 7:00pm)
No age restrictions
A unique fitness class that combines trampolining, parkour and dynamic/static exercises

Air Space - Freestyle Fitness on Thu 16th July 2015

BOUNCES LOSE OUNCES – AIR SPACE LAUNCHES FREESTYLE FITNESS CLASSES

Designed by YouTube acrobatics and parkour sensation Sam McFarlane, the FREESTYLE FITNESS classes arrive at the East Kilbride venue on July 8th and will be available to all customers aged 16 and over.

The one-hour session, costing just £13, will use all of the facilities available at Air Space and combines multiple fitness disciplines including core-building trampolining exercises and cardiovascular focused parkour and freestyle jumping. The sessions provide benefits for all muscle groups but will particularly improve core strength, muscle definition and cardiovascular fitness. One session has been measured at burning off 500 calories and NASA research shows that 10 minutes of trampolining is akin to 30 minutes of running.

The attraction showcases a spring-loaded urban playground where jumpsters can perfect their freestyle parkour moves in the main arena, jumping from one trampoline deck to the next. They can also test their skills in dodgeball courts, slam dunk hoops and football, all on super-sprung pitches, or try their moves on the air bag crash test site and defy gravity on the wall ramp.

In addition to hours of fun and laughter, if you are a complete bouncing novice, Air Space staff are on hand to offer hints and tips to bring everyone up to speed with one of the UK's fastest growing trends.

Since opening in December last year, the revolutionary £2 million leisure destination has already elicited an incredible response. Hugely popular Stateside and Down Under, the indoor trampolining phenomenon has bounced its way into the UK's consciousness, prompting a rapid Air Space expansion in the coming months.

Until then, East Kilbride – just outside of Glasgow – is the must-visit destination for UK jumpsters. As Europe’s largest freestyle jumping arena, Air Space features more than 100 interconnected, wall-to-wall trampolines in an area over 35,000 square feet.
  This looks fun!  Let's go!
Enjoy the day!  Make it memorable!  Happy birthday to Camille!


No comments:

Post a Comment