Monday, July 20, 2015

July 20, 2015 Monday #abs#love#pool#iceskating

Get Fit
Did some super stomach work out with Denise.  Yes after all these ab workouts, I still have a stomach.  In my defense I have had a C section and a colonectomy.  Which means I have criss crossed scars, but I keep being told this workout or that diet should work anyway.  I am open to suggestions.  Go!


Get Faith
1 John chapter 4 - We love because He first loved us.  We are God's creation, he made us because he wanted us to be here and enjoy the world and all he has created in it.  He made us in his image and has walked among us in the garden of Eden, he led us as Jesus and has entered our lives as the Holy Spirit.  He still dwells with us.  Hoping for the best, I assume.  With all the disappointments we have exhibited - the wars, the hate, the violence, He still calls us to love one another and return to him How wondrous is your salvation Lord!


On this day
2011 - It reached 100 degree's on this day.  I went over to my friend Pam's and went in the pool with her.  How do you stay cool on a hot day?  Thanks Pam!
1859 - Brooklyn and New York played baseball at Fashion Park Race Course on Long Island, NY. The game marked the first time that admission had been charged for to see a ball game. It cost $.50 to get in and the players on the field did not receive a salary (until 1863).  Imagine, no pay!?  Really?


Parenting
Speaking of pools.  Don and I went to Lindsey and Scott's and had a great BBQ and day in the pool.  Scott's family were there, I love them all - such great people.  AND of course the kids, Addison and Landon who were thoroughly enjoying the pool as we watched and were drawn to go down the slide with them - for their entertainment of course!  Wonderful family.  Thanks Scotty and Lindsey!


Come Get These Memories - of the Sixties
     Mr. Walters said that he also taught ice skating and asked a couple of us girls if we would like to go ice skating at the State Fair.  I had loved to ice skate, living on the lake all those years and my mother thought this might be an opportunity for me.  Suzie and I were the only ones that went one night.  I was happy skating around while he showed Suzie how to spin and then he held her by a hand and leg and spun her around.  She was smaller and he didn’t do that with me.  As a matter of fact, he spent most of the time with Suzie and very little with me, which was fine – I whizzed around the rink to my hearts delight. 
Motherwell Scotland
Located 900 feet from Strathclyde Country Park and a 15 minute drive to Glasgow city center, Innkeeper's Lodge Glasgow, Strathclyde Park features free private parking and a traditional pub and restaurant next door.
A family theme park, IMAX cinema and Scotland’s biggest indoor tropical rainforest are featured in Strathclyde Country Park. Woodland walks, sailing, water-skiing and cycling are just some of the other activities offered.
Roast beef, local bacon and turkey are served in the traditional restaurant, as well as a selection of steamed and roasted seasonal vegetables. Real ale, ciders and a wide selection of wines are served at the bar.
A flat-screen TV, private bathroom and tea/coffee making facilities are featured in each room at Innkeeper's Lodge Glasgow Strathclyde Park.
We speak your language! Lodge: 28 rooms , Hotel Chain: Mitchells and Butlers Innkeepers lodge. This property has been on Booking.com since Mar 22, 2012.



Innkeeper's Lodge Glasgow, Strathclyde Park   Lets stay here!  Look at the interior pictures - go to Innkeeper's Lodge


Enjoy the Day!  Make it memorable!  Happy Birthday Candice!!

No comments:

Post a Comment