Friday, July 31, 2015

July 31, 2015 Friday #Hope#opportunity#Ferriri#editingdone

Get Fit
I did Pilates - this one includes  toe exercises.  :)


Get Faith
John chapter 14 - God's house has many rooms including one for you, follow Jesus, accept the Advocate (Spirit) and know this. "All this I have spoken while still with you.  But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit Whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you.  Peace I leave with you: my peace I give you.  I do not give to you as the world gives.  Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid."  God hopes for you to come to him.


On this day;
2014 -  I called Ma (Pat) in Florida to wish her a happy birthday as I have for 30 years.  I also picked up Burger King for dinner for Mom, Nicole and I, as I have for many years.  Something's we repeat so often they are forgotten.  We take for granted things we can do easily, but Pat isn't in great health, so I need to call and Burger King are my favorite - going there today.




1932 - Enzo Ferrari retired from racing. In 1950 he launched a series of cars under his name. We all know these cars! 


Parenting
I love memories that come from hearing a passage or a song.  "God's house" is one of those songs - sorry Nicole. 


Come Get These Memories of the Sixties  (just came back from editing and is back in their hands)


     My after school activities included hanging out at Clayback’s a store on Curtis across from Isaac Newton Elementary school.  Old man Clayback would come out with a broom and try to sweep us away, saying we were ruining his business.  He even called the police that made us “disperse” because we were loitering.  One of the guys was told it was a federal offence to sit on the mail box.  We all laughed, you couldn’t make that stuff up.  Poor Mr. Clayback, he tried hiring some of the kids to work the store thinking maybe they would be more considerate about his little business, but it just gave us an inside man to steel eggs.  Then we heard he was trying to get some of the boys to go in the back room.  That got around the neighborhood and really ruined his business. 
Motherwell Scotland
Get your stuff packed and pick up some souveniers, we leave for a new destination tomorrow!
Enjoy the day!  Make it memorable!  Happy Birthday to Pat, Darlene & Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment