Sunday, December 27, 2015

December 27, 2015 Sunday #soulandspirit#Atlasshrugged#opinions#Postlingbergkirche

Get Faith
John 3:6  "Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit gives birth to spirit."  This is for my friend Don, as we just had this conversation last night.  Does your soul stay with you or does it go to God when you die?  I'm reminded of the childhood prayer I still say every night.  Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to keep, and if I die before I wake I pray the Lord my soul to take.  Take care of your soul and your spirit while you still have them.  Feed them and nourish them well.

On this day
1978 - My friend Tatjiana, Pete's mom, gave me a book to read.  It is a long read.  It taught me that the true spirit of man is his honesty and integrity to himself and others.  It taught me that you can't make someone something they are not.  It taught me that people don't benefit from having more given to them and done for them.  It taught me that when you cut back on expectations you will always get less.  The book is Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand.  It is my all time favorite book well, beside the Bible.

1978 - Spain adopted a new constitution and became a democracy after 40 years of dictatorship. Be careful America what you wish for and vote for.

Friends
When I tell younger people that this is my favorite book their response tells me they have gotten their opinion from someone else and have not read the book themselves.  Apparently the liberals don't like the book.  I can't imagine why supporting someone in doing their best can ever be replaced by allowing someone to just scrape by because they are too lazy to do their best.  Don't judge unless you have actually read the book, not someone else's opinion, or then you must agree with all their opinions and forget your own.  

Book Club  War and Peace by Tolstoy
zzzzzz

Linz Austria  

Alter DomPostlingbergkirche Wallfahrtsbasilika Sieben Schmerzen Maria

Really nice place! 
The church is impressive! You must go there! ! If you are at linz you can take the train from the main square and in 10 mins you are there!


Enjoy the Day!  Make it Memorable!  Happy Birthday Patrick and Chuck!

No comments:

Post a Comment