Thursday, December 31, 2015

December 31, 2015 Thursday #Fixit#AwesomeGod#Joann's#recap#Peacenotwar#moving!

Get Fit
Had dinner the other night with Pam S. the gal that does the most wonderful massages ever!  She had given me the sheet of stretches and exercises to do a couple years ago.  I had a problem with my left arm range, it wouldn't go back very far.  Now it is no problem.  There are a few traditional moves on there - plank, downward dog, warrior plus some excellent stretch moves.  Get yourself on a program and stick to it!

Get FAith
Psalm 145 v 21 "My mouth will speak in praise of the Lord.  Let every creature praise his holy name for ever and ever."  This psalm speaks of how awesome and gracious and loving our God is, and so in response I will repeat this last line forever and ever.  Think back to all the great things that have happened in the last year - and if you are still here, thank Him for your life for the year coming.  God is great!

On this day
1986  New Years Eve  Mom sat for all the kids and Mark, Andy and Alice and I went to Joann's on Eight mile (the infamous 8 mile)  for dinner and then over to Mike and Kathy's to ring in the New Year.  That was a great restaurant with terrific food.  I don't think it is there anymore, anyone know?

1687 - The first Huguenots set sail from France for the Cape of Good Hope, where they would later create the South African wine industry with the vines they took with them on the voyage. I like a story that includes wine, how about you?

Family
This has been a tumultuous year.  It started out with Mom not being well and going into the hospital, then to rehab, then to a nursing home and finally in May into Beechwood Assisted living where she was very happy.  During this time I was found to have spots on my lungs, which were biopsied and found to not be cancer but to be sure I have had CT scans every 3 months.  They also diagnosed me with COPD.  During this time I was working on my book Come Get THese Memories of the Sixties which was published in August and came out in September.  My Nicole turned 30 in May and Pam, Don and I joined in taking her to Scotland in August to celebrate.  My nieces were extremely hard to catch up with this year as they took up running marathons.  The year ended on a sad note with Mom having a bowel blockage and God in his mercy took her silently to heaven for Christmas.  I spent a lot of wonderful time with family and friends this year and thank God for the new job my Nicole has.  So much life happened, I can't wait for the next one to start.

Book Club  War and Peace.  Going to watch the movie.

Linz Austria to Mykolayv Ukraine
This is a move due East, we could probably take a train and see the country between.  Happy travels.

Enjoy the Day!  Make it Memorable!   Happy birthday Kathy G.

No comments:

Post a Comment