Monday, June 26, 2017

June 26, 2017 Monday #yoga!#Godtheboss#boatremodel#politicas#Rainforest!

Sorry!  Life came between me and my computer once again and I missed yesterday!

Get Fit
Started my Monday morning off with a peaceful AM yoga.  Yes, I know I do this alot but it helps counteract the bad things I do to my body (yardwork and sitting too much).  When I get aches and pains and have to take Aleve or Advil to get through the day I know I'm getting too sedentary.

Get Faith
Colossians 3:23-24 "Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward.  It is the Lord Christ you are serving."  We did a Bible study at church on the book, God at Work.  Pastor might have done the study based on the problems he knew I had at work.  One day I burst into his office in a fit of frenzy asking him "how can I get rid of this hate and anger I have for my boss?"  This helps.  Our job here on earth is to please God in all we do, our attitudes and character reflect Him.  When we respond in an ungodly manner to people our position as Christians becomes a joke.  You cannot be judged by people that have the same earthly problems and complaints that you do.  Yes we have to adhere to some policies, if we want the job and the pay but, we still work for God.

On this day
1975  Pete had a 1963 - 31 foot Chris Craft Sport Fisherman.  It was an old wooden boat that was great - except it didn't have a "real" head.  The toilet was in the v bunks and not easy to use.  So, Pete decided to build a stand up head, which meant tearing out the drive station in the salon, removing the dining table (that folded into a bed) and and throwing off the entire balance of the boat with the heavy mahogany that he had to use for the walls.  It was quite an effort but, I will say that Pete could do anything he put his mind to.  The boat was torn up all summer but it didn't stop us from using it. At first you just had to get used to the list?  If that's the word.  He fixed it though.  Anyone else have a boat remodeling story to tell?

1975 - Indian Prime Minister Indira Gandhi declared a state of emergency due to "deep and widespread conspiracy." History does have a way of repeating itself, right?

Cairns Australia
What You Can Expect Rainforest Habitat Wildlife Sanctuary, Port Douglas Honored as a UNESCO World Heritage Site since 1988, Daintree National Park is a great destination for sampling the exceptional biodiversity of the Wet Tropics of Queensland. Your full-day adventure begins with pickup at your Cairns or Port Douglas hotel and a scenic drive north along the rugged Coral Sea coast. Your first stop is Wildlife Habitat Port Douglas, an eco-park where you can observe the unique wildlife of Australia’s rainforest, wetlands and grasslands. Browse the well-designed habitats to observe cassowaries, koalas and crocodiles, and hand-feed friendly kangaroos and wallabies. 

Read more about Daintree Rainforest, Cape Tribulation and Rainforest Habitat Wildlife Sanctuary Day Tour 2017 - Cairns & the Tropical North at: https://www.viator.com/tours/Cairns-and-the-Tropical-North/Daintree-Rainforest-Cape-Tribulation-and-Rainforest-Habitat-Wildlife-Sanctuary-Day-Tour/d754-2925N6AC#?pub=vcps  I actually talked to someone Saturday night that had toured this area and said it was amazing!

Enjoy the day!  Make it memorable!  Happy Birthday Michael!

No comments:

Post a Comment