Sunday, June 4, 2017

June 4, 2017 Sunday #Joy#marriage#Arnie#Yidiny

Get Faith
Psalm 4:7  "You have filled my heart with greater joy..."  I was at a beautiful wedding last night.  One of the girls that works for my friend Pat, the girl who I am covering at the office for this weekend because she got married.  Thought it was fair for her to have the day off.  It was an Ukrainian wedding, and very traditional in that everyone was played into the reception area by a small band.  Everyone spoke Ukrainian so even though I couldn't understand a word of the toasts, prayers our announcements I could sense the joy and sincerity of the event.  God understands all of the languages of the world.  I am sure He watches every wedding and special occasions and enjoys the love and joy of His people as they celebrate the life He has given us. Pray in whatever tongue you want, He will hear you.

On this day
1984  I had just gotten married in April of this year, right after Andy and Alice did in February.  I was working in the yard, planting flowers and making a home.  We had a busy life with work and boat racing and the world was a perfect place.  I remember the excitement of looking forward to a life with my new husband and the prospect of children.  He brought a son, Aaron into the marriage and I really thought I died and went to heaven.  He spent a lot of time with us and I loved it.  I hope Lililya and Vasyl have a wonderful life together to extend the family and the culture they live in.

1984 - For the first time in 32 years, Arnold Palmer failed to make the cut for the U.S. Open golf tournament. Wow!  this is huge, he was a great name in golf.  

Cairns Australia
Prior to British settlement, the Cairns area was inhabited by the Gimuy Walubara Yidinji people,[8] who still claim their Native Title rights.[9] The area is known in the local Yidiny language as Gimuy.[8]
In 1770, James Cook mapped the future site of Cairns, naming it Trinity Bay. Closer investigation by several official expeditions 100 years later established its potential for development into a port.  Oh, the language of Yidiny the original people of this area.

Enjoy the day!  Make it memorable!  Happy Birthday Adrianna!

No comments:

Post a Comment