Thursday, June 29, 2017

June 29, 2017 Thursday #legs#fromarib#StHelen#Tea#exports!

Get Fit
Dancers legs - wouldn't we all like to have those.  It may be improbable at this point in my life but I like the feeling that my legs will support me and keep a decent shape to them.  These are jumping jacks, stretches, squats and lunges.  Do what you can on a regular basis and see the difference.

Get Faith
Psalm 139:13-14  " For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb.  I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made: your works are wonderful, I know that full well."  The human body is amazing.  No one has been able to recreate something as beautiful and operable as the body.  It can do amazing things in sports and arts. Our brains can create mind blowing inventions and creations of its own.  It can heal itself and it can take another life.  It is strong and it is weak often at the same time.  When you hold a newborn baby you marvel at that new life and what it holds in store for the future.  God created this from a rib, mud with His own hands, and gave it life - to live with Him.  We should remember and be thankful to Him.

On this day
1979  It was coming up on the 4th of July celebration and I went up to St Helen with Andy and Adele and the girls.  Merri would have been 2 and Lindsey had jut been born in April.  We had cousins down the road from the cabin, Tom and Cathy and they came over for dinner, shish ka bob that I made.  A lot has changed since then so it is nice to remember.

1767 - The British Parliament approved the Townshend Revenue Acts. The acts imposed import duties on glass, lead, paint, paper and tea shipped to America. Tea was the big deal I believe.

Cairns Australia
Last day here how about some souvenirs?  Here are the top exports.
  1. Ores, slag, ash: US$48.9 billion (25.8% of total exports)
  2. Mineral fuels including oil: $47.5 billion (25.1%)
  3. Gems, precious metals: $15.8 billion (8.4%)
  4. Meat: $8.3 billion (4.4%)
  5. Cereals: $5.1 billion (2.7%)
  6. Machinery including computers: $4.9 billion (2.6%)
  7. Inorganic chemicals: $4.7 billion (2.5%)
  8. Optical, technical, medical apparatus: $2.9 billion (1.5%)
  9. Aluminum: $2.9 billion (1.5%)
  10. Electrical machinery, equipment: $2.7 billion (1.4%)
Enjoy the day!  Make it Memorable!  

No comments:

Post a Comment