Wednesday, January 17, 2018

January 17, 2018 Wednesday #Jumpingjacks#theLordismystrength#Peterthespy#1970feminists

Get Fit
I started out with 20 jumping jacks and I realized how much this simple exercise warmed me up and energized me for the next exercises I would do.  Just the act of jumping up and down gets the heart pumping but when you add the arms going up over the head it is really a good starter!  I did another 20 just because and then went on to leg work outs.

Get Faith
Exodus 15:2  "The Lord is my strength and my song; he has become my salvation.  He is my God, and I will praise Him."  The study writer on this days devotion speaks my language.  They keep very structured days and very often overload the calendar.  The difference is he is learned to settle into prayer mode at the end of the day and give all the craziness to God so he can sleep.  I'm going to try it with a little more enthusiasm than just saying my prayers at night.  How about you?  Having trouble getting to sleep and getting good rest?

On this day
1982  This year was setting record breaking cold weather like this year.  That probably is why I had to pick up Peter and take him to his car. (Maybe it wouldn't start and got towed in)  Anyway, Peter was Tatjiana's friend that she met after her husband Erich died.  Tatjana and Erich were my ex, Pete's parents.  I might have mentioned before I had a hard time separating from the rest of the family after a divorce.  Tatjana and I had stayed close.  She met Peter, who was a younger man, where?  IDK but he was a correspondent that wrote letters for Europeans.  He was well versed in many languages, very smart but irritating somehow.  When I got home from having coffee with him, other friends of Tatjiana's stopped by.  Hans and Ilse.  They did not like Peter.  I didn't write down the content of our conversation but I'm sure the whole scenario would make a great story of spys and love drama! They are all gone now so I might someday write THAT book.

1562 - French Protestants were recognized under the Edict of St. Germain. Interesting this happened so soon after Martin Luther's intro.

Jonkoping Sweden Culture
Swedish culture is generally seen[according to whom?] as egalitarian in nature, and since the early-1970s, the Swedish establishment[clarification needed] has very deliberately embraced feministicanti-racistprogressive and anti-fascist stances and views.[1][2] Swedish society and its culture is concerned with the welfare and well-being of others, both within and outside Sweden;[according to whom?] (See also; Income inequality in Sweden).
Prehistoric Sweden was the source of Viking culture, which was dominant in all of Scandinavia for many hundreds of years, and the Temple at Uppsala in Sweden was a site of pilgrimage and worship for all the Scandinavian peoples who worshipped the Aesir gods. Though western culture mostly recall the Vikings from present day Norway and Denmark who invaded FranceEnglandScotland and Ireland, the Swedish Vikings left huge marks on Byzantine culture (where they were known as Varangians) as well as being the founders of the Kievan state.
Of the country's many monarchs, a few of the more powerful ones, such as King Gustav III and Queen Christina, have been exceptionally important to its cultural development.
In modern times many Swedes have been internationally celebrated for their cultural work, among them Jenny LindAnders ZornAugust StrindbergIngrid BergmanIngmar Bergman and ABBA.

Enjoy the day!  Make it memorable!  Happy Birthday Kaitlyn and Sharon!

No comments:

Post a Comment